What's up with Gen 2 prices recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucabrasi

Reaction score
I've been in the market for a Gen 2 Raptor for a few months now, but these prices are absolutely ridiculous. What the cause of these 2017s with 30k-50k miles going for 2020 prices (75k) and dealers not budging?

I understand that theres a pause right now with the new Gen 3 being introduced, but if you guys had to guess, when will these prices die down a bit and go back to reasonable for year/milage. My buddy got his 2018 for 3k under MSRP brand new at a dealership and its fully loaded, but now it seems every 801a package with 50k miles is going for 70k lol.

I wish i would've jumped on a brand new one pre covid, would've been cheaper than they are now :banghead:

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been in the market for a Gen 2 Raptor for a few months now, but these prices are absolutely ridiculous. What the cause of these 2017s with 30k-50k miles going for 2020 prices (75k) and dealers not budging?

I understand that theres a pause right now with the new Gen 3 being introduced, but if you guys had to guess, when will these prices die down a bit and go back to reasonable for year/milage. My buddy got his 2018 for 3k under MSRP brand new at a dealership and its fully loaded, but now it seems every 801a package with 50k miles is going for 70k lol.

I wish i would've jumped on a brand new one pre covid, would've been cheaper than they are now :banghead:
Welcome to the place, it's supply and demand, there's no new vehicles to sell or very few, used prices are high right now across the board.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i have an 18 802a in mint shape less miles with premium audio installed by Noah for that $75k if you still feel froggy

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Inflation is upon us. Prices will not go down. Look at the price of bread and gasoline, not to mention lumber. You might as well jump on the train now, it's leaving the station.

The good news, if you qualified, that sweet govt. money keeps on a coming, so take that into account. If you deduct the covid cash, Raptor prices are probably the same or lower. lol.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor price increase is minimal compared to real estate and luxury watches. Rolex Daytona’s retail for $13k and on second hand market for $35-40k and real estate in CA has gone up 15-30% on median price of $672k, so $100k-150k appreciation in just a year. All this government stimulus money is driving prices of everything up and we are about to go Weimar wheelbarrow cash soon for a loaf of bread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk