What's it worth? 14' Screw w/ 47k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
The rig mentioned in the title still hasn't arrived from Houston, or so says the dealer. I'm starting to think it came in and needed some work to conceal issues.

Being that I am understandably having a hard time waiting around, I reached out to a dealership in Delaware about a '12 screw with 50k miles. Asking price is about $36k.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/784861669/overview/

I asked the dealership to send me undercarriage pictures to see if it was worth the 2 hour drive to go look at it.

Do you think it's worth the ride, or should I hold out?

24555.jpeg 24554.jpeg

24556.jpeg

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
I called the dealership and they are firm at $36k. They said the most they can take off is a few hundred. They could get me out the door at $37.5k.

I am going to hold off for now. Of they could do $35k out the door I'd be there tomorrow at 9 am when their doors open.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealership and they are firm at $36k. They said the most they can take off is a few hundred. They could get me out the door at $37.5k.

I am going to hold off for now. Of they could do $35k out the door I'd be there tomorrow at 9 am when their doors open.

It’s worth 37.5 all day long

I got a fully loaded ‘14 SCREW w 93k for 35.4k OTD. If I could have paid a few more K for one w less miles I would have.

I looked high and low - around me (Central IL) as a thorough look at by my personal mechanic was a must - and I couldn’t find anything comparable.

Don’t wait. You could be having more fun than you could imagine.

Also the looks from the other thirsty truck owners that wish they would have taken the plunge are priceless!

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
I looked high and low - around me (Central IL) as a thorough look at by my personal mechanic was a must - and I couldn’t find anything comparable.

That's kind of my other hold up. Being 2 hrs away, I can't bring it to my local guy for the once over. Maybe I'll Google Wilmengton, DE and see if there are any Raptor shops or reputable Ford dealerships that can check it out.

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
It also still has the open recall for the transmission downshift. Is this something that I should worry about? Should I ask to have it taken care of before purchase? Or is the fix not a big deal?

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of my other hold up. Being 2 hrs away, I can't bring it to my local guy for the once over. Maybe I'll Google Wilmengton, DE and see if there are any Raptor shops or reputable Ford dealerships that can check it out.

It also still has the open recall for the transmission downshift. Is this something that I should worry about? Should I ask to have it taken care of before purchase? Or is the fix not a big deal?

Not sure about the shift issue personally. I haven’t had any problems with mine...yet.

I can say that the local Ford dealership near me that has been doing it for 40+ years had zero clue about Raptors, and they had 3 currently on their lot!

I knew more than the service manager about them, he even said so himself. They were cool about saying bring it in and we’ll do our best for you though.

I’ll probably stick to the local shop I always use though. The day I brought it to them for inspection before buying he was like these are the shocks we use on our cars we race - this thing is cool!

Rather have that person work on it than Ford who is like “what do you mean the shocks can be rebuilt?”.

OP
OP
JMIB99

JMIB99

Reaction score
Talked to the dealership more this morning and out the door price on the '12 would be $39,300; they aren't willing to budge.

That's just more than I'm comfortable spending on a '12, even with only 51k miles. If I over pay it's going to be on a truck from somewhere where rust is not an issue.