What would you ask SVT Engineering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask them if they are aware of the front end clunking noise that many of us have that appears to be coming from the lower control arm shock mount. Most dealers try to blow it off as being normal when many have fixed it themselves by changing out shocks, LCA's or some by simply tightening the lower shock mount bolt which requires over 400ftlbs torque.

Second that!

Brookside

Reaction score
Yep, that one. Rules have to be set in place before hand on what types of questions could be asked. Part of the reason questions were asked ahead of time was so that they could be moderated before Jamal spent his time answering them. The same would have to happen here. Questions about future model development and why Canadians pay more would get the axe.

My question would get the axe because why? It doesn't effect you therefore it's not valid?

Funny when something that doesnt effect you is dismissed as a gripe - hardly cricket.

I do appreciate Greg and Yukon Joe's considerably more positive and measured responses.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Sorry this isn't what you want in this thread but, since it was brought up...

If you (Brookside) have a solution (buying a Raptor in the US) and your only concern is the Canadian dealers not honoring your warranty then why don't you take it to the US for warranty issues? Sounds like you have a solution.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Speaking of the previous Q&A's with Ford SVT Engineering, perhaps you can revisit those threads and see what questions remain unanswered.

I don't want to repeat questions already asked but here are some to consider:

* Future plans for the Raptor (How long will it be in production? What changes are anticipated on future model years? Will any other engines be offered?) Will the Raptor be continued when the F-150 is updated?

* Would Ford ever consider a Raptorized Bronco? A smaller vehicle like the old Broncos would get better MPGs and could even be a different type of off road vehicle (more like a Jeep than a Raptor for slower 4 wheeling, different terrain and mud, etc.).

* Why doesn't Ford offer a tailgate lock that works with the doors and remote?

* Why do the Raptor spec BFG A/T KO stock tires chunk their treads while other BFG A/T KO's do not? (Is this still the case or did they resolve it?)

Traveling through border control and leaving your car in another country for warranty work is hardly a viable solution. Heck with my work schedule taking it to a local dealer would be pressing it for time.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'd also still like to know how/why in the world they decided on the process to disable traction control. The whole single push for sport and hold for disable is a pain, especially on the older trucks with no 4.2" display. All it takes is a TPMS fault or something and you can't tell if TC has been disengaged.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wish we could lock the Diff in the rear in all the time and not just ORM. Don't like it kicks out early due to speed, but ORM you can go any speed and it still stays in.

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can't?? Didn't know that...

Yeah it kicks out at like 26 or 36mph. I know there is a chart floating around here but its in the manual stuff too. I think in the supplemental stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOAF12/~MUS~LEN/36/10f12rp3e.pdf

2H
Automatically disengaged
above 12 mph

4H
Automatically disengaged
above 25 mph

4L
Automatically disengaged
above 62 mph

2H, 4H, 4L with ORM on
does not automatically
disengage

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
My question would get the axe because why? It doesn't effect you therefore it's not valid?

Funny when something that doesnt effect you is dismissed as a gripe - hardly cricket.

I do appreciate Greg and Yukon Joe's considerably more positive and measured responses.
For one thing, if we are talking to SVT Engineering, they have no control over regional pricing differences. That would be like asking the finance department why the Raptor has 35" tall tires.