What tires would you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken AT3/W. They do everything really well. The new 35's are 69lbs so a little heavier than BFG but they come with 20/32's tread depth so 5/32's more than BFG which could explain some of the weight. They have full depth sipes if you see any snow.

Is there an OLD 35 AT3W different from a NEW 35 AT3W or am I reading this incorrectly? I saw where the new Falken RT 35 was 79#!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I can't say enough good things about the Falken AT3/W tires for all around performance! I put them on my wife's Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and I was so impressed with them I put them on my Raptor. I love the beefy look of them and when it comes to Colorado snow, ice and DD use they are super!

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye out for tires since I will have to get a new set sooner or later.
Last week I saw some Nokian Outposts that I had not saw before.
Thought they were interesting and saw lighter weight than most.
Years ago had some Nokians that were great on our Expedition.
BUT...
remembered Nokian became a Cooper brand a while back and I have had REALLY bad luck with a few sets of their brands (Mastercraft).
Then a simple Google search showed some recalls, troubles since Cooper started making them, and poor reviews.
Thought I came across something cool, then disappointed, and back to shopping.
But may be worth someone looking at them if interested, looked like a pretty mild mannered A/T type tread.

OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye out for tires since I will have to get a new set sooner or later.
Last week I saw some Nokian Outposts that I had not saw before.
Thought they were interesting and saw lighter weight than most.
Years ago had some Nokians that were great on our Expedition.
BUT...
remembered Nokian became a Cooper brand a while back and I have had REALLY bad luck with a few sets of their brands (Mastercraft).
Then a simple Google search showed some recalls, troubles since Cooper started making them, and poor reviews.
Thought I came across something cool, then disappointed, and back to shopping.
But may be worth someone looking at them if interested, looked like a pretty mild mannered A/T type tread.
I'm good on anything owned by Cooper. I don't like them. I have goodyear tires installed by the prior owner. I don't like them. I'll be going with Toyos. I'm in Seattle so I need something that can handle rain.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? They are pretty highly regarded off road tires in general, and are very good in the rain and snow- lots of sipes. No other "off road tire" is as siped as the Duratracs- except for, you guessed it, the BFG KO2s.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of anything Goodyear due the fact that 50% them seem to be out of round. But they are good in the snow and arguably better in deep snow due the larger tread gaps and the ability to self clean compared to other AT's. But I also don't consider the Duratrac an AT. As far siping I think AT3W is up there with the other two. And I don't sell tires so I have nothing to gain by posting this but I'd take the AT3W over BFG or Duratracs.
Deeper tread depth, full depth sipes, 55k warranty and typically lower cost.

Sipes.JPG

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kenda Kleavers also caught my eye.
If I recall correctly... thought they were a little lighter than most also.
Seeing their pricing as low as any others too.

My last two sets of GoodYears (not Raptor- an Explorer and Expedition) were the WORST tires I owned in my life.
I know a lot of others are liking their off road stuff now, but I have been soured by how terrible each of those were.
The Explorer tires got punctured WAY too many times.
Tree branch actually made it through one of them.
And somehow one looked like it got parked on a belt sander.
Spot worn right into the cords while the rest of the tread was still about 3/4 depth. Tried finding picture, but can't find it. Showed my F.I.L. who was in the tire business, cause it looked so crazy. He said CHEAP tire and construction, belts broke and inside was pushing out so that caused the softball sized "bald patch". I was driving 120 miles daily to work and back then, guessing another few days would have blown out and shredded.