What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not arguing the point, but a V8 is simply an engine configuration; not all sound the same or sound “good”. The Ford 6.2 is an iron block SOHC engine designed to replace the 5.4 as the standard engine in the F-250/350; it is in no way a performance engine. It also drones horribly with most aftermarket exhaust systems, hence why it was quiet in factory configuration.

For our Gen 2 trucks, look into the SPD trombone resonator delete; it not only sounds better than a Gen 1 but it improves exhaust flow.
Do t listen to this guy.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as straight aesthetics is Gen 2 > Gen 1 >>> Gen 3
I’m just one guy but I don’t like the aesthetics of the Gen 3, it looks like a low res concept drawing of a Gen 1.
The Gen 2 is an objectively great looking machine, looks so clean with a frame cut and dove tail.
As far as tech advantages. I’m slowly adding all of the best stuff from later Generations.
Later this summer I’m having Gen 2 live valves, with the KHC adjustments, and SDI system done.
After that I’ll do a whipple with all the necessary upgrades.
Then I’m crossing my fingers someone designs a 5 link that works that words with the factory axle and doesn’t sacrifice the entire bed.
Then my old iron truck still won’t be a later Gen but it will have more pep than other girls her age.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is so subjective based on where you are in the mental world of "Truck".
1- Yea V8 Rumble and wow sound is awesome but..... my 2013 V8 was totaled due to a text'r and I drove a Gen1 Raptor. I got in that truck expecting "sex with a supermodel" feeling but then 15 min later I was...yea my lariat coyote w/ tune was not "destroyed" by the Gen1 Raptor..... Big letdown.... oh well NOT worth it... i would just grab a Gen13 F150 Lariat and not pay the "RAPTOR PREMIUM"....
2- after years of Gen13, I drove the Gen 2 Raptor. Oh was that different. Gen12/Gen1 was a wash but the difference between the Gen13/Gen2 Raptor was night and day. Everything was better..... Better ride, Better Power, Better interior.... no sound... oh well... it felt and drove awesome.... Oh by the way.... Stand back and just look at that Ford Performance Blue and those lines.... Yup, I will take one and will gladly give you my 15' Lariat(free and clear) as a trade and a check for that new truck. yea once a week I get a complement... much more than my M3's..
3-Oh boy... Here is Gen 3 it will be amazing... gonna be like Gen 1 to Gen 2.... Oh wait... Looks are pretty much the same... Power... the same. Suspension...better but is it that much for my "Starbucks runs" (hahahah) ... Interior..WOW... but i have pretty much all the same shit inside except not as flashy and computer screeny. Sound better but still turbo 6. do I really want to drop my low mileage Gen2 for this "better version of Gen 2" but for a massive premium and not get that yup it is my new Raptor.......

I am sure in like 2/3 years I will be banging the drums that I need a Gen3(as long as it is not black/white/grey) and that I should have bought a Gen 3 the day it was released..... When that happens, I accept it, until then, GEN 2's will make me smile and will enjoy that "Your truck ROCKS!" on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
9th Island raptor

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
This is so subjective based on where you are in the mental world of "Truck".
1- Yea V8 Rumble and wow sound is awesome but..... my 2013 V8 was totaled due to a text'r and I drove a Gen1 Raptor. I got in that truck expecting "sex with a supermodel" feeling but then 15 min later I was...yea my lariat coyote w/ tune was not "destroyed" by the Gen1 Raptor..... Big letdown.... oh well NOT worth it... i would just grab a Gen13 F150 Lariat and not pay the "RAPTOR PREMIUM"....
2- after years of Gen13, I drove the Gen 2 Raptor. Oh was that different. Gen12/Gen1 was a wash but the difference between the Gen13/Gen2 Raptor was night and day. Everything was better..... Better ride, Better Power, Better interior.... no sound... oh well... it felt and drove awesome.... Oh by the way.... Stand back and just look at that Ford Performance Blue and those lines.... Yup, I will take one and will gladly give you my 15' Lariat(free and clear) as a trade and a check for that new truck. yea once a week I get a complement... much more than my M3's..
3-Oh boy... Here is Gen 3 it will be amazing... gonna be like Gen 1 to Gen 2.... Oh wait... Looks are pretty much the same... Power... the same. Suspension...better but is it that much for my "Starbucks runs" (hahahah) ... Interior..WOW... but i have pretty much all the same shit inside except not as flashy and computer screeny. Sound better but still turbo 6. do I really want to drop my low mileage Gen2 for this "better version of Gen 2" but for a massive premium and not get that yup it is my new Raptor.......

I am sure in like 2/3 years I will be banging the drums that I need a Gen3(as long as it is not black/white/grey) and that I should have bought a Gen 3 the day it was released..... When that happens, I accept it, until then, GEN 2's will make me smile and will enjoy that "Your truck ROCKS!" on a weekly basis.
xThtar0e9kO3WkwQ1O.gif