What price to put on my Raptor 37?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! I haven’t frequented the forums as consistently as I have in the past with how all of this has shaken out.

My build moved from a MY23 to a MY24 and they sent me a heated steering wheel delete to which I told them to pound sand no bueno. I will be getting a revision for the ford rep at my dealer and my build will likely move back a couple months but still expected this year. We’ll see… said the same on the 37PP and that ended up being a Feb 2022 build date even tho it was a MY21.

WisestIowan

Reaction score
I have a 2023 37 with 4,300 miles. Dealer just quoted me $95,000 for a trade in if I pulled the trigger on a Raptor R at +$30,000. I declined.

They have two R’s. One Avalanche and one Midnight. My 37 is Azure. I told them if they got an Azure R at +$15,000 I’m a cash buyer. They said “cash isn’t king anymore it’s +$30,000”. GTFOH.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2023 37 with 4,300 miles. Dealer just quoted me $95,000 for a trade in if I pulled the trigger on a Raptor R at +$30,000. I declined.

They have two R’s. One Avalanche and one Midnight. My 37 is Azure. I told them if they got an Azure R at +$15,000 I’m a cash buyer. They said “cash isn’t king anymore it’s +$30,000”. GTFOH.
I never tell dealers I'm a cash buyer. Finance and then pay off the first month. They make money off your financing so it's like a delayed slap in the face when they see you paid it off. F-them.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never tell dealers I'm a cash buyer. Finance and then pay off the first month. They make money off your financing so it's like a delayed slap in the face when they see you paid it off. F-them.

When I bought the Raptor I went after work on a Thursday -- it was probably 8-9 at night. I worked over the numbers and when we finally agreed on MSRP I then brought up that I'll be paying cash. At that point it was so late (and they were so defeated) they just wanted to get out of there. Done and done! The finance guy didn't even bother selling me warranties and protection plans, his exact words were "If you're the kind of guy who can pay cash then you can pay to fix anything."

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought the Raptor I went after work on a Thursday -- it was probably 8-9 at night. I worked over the numbers and when we finally agreed on MSRP I then brought up that I'll be paying cash. At that point it was so late (and they were so defeated) they just wanted to get out of there. Done and done! The finance guy didn't even bother selling me warranties and protection plans, his exact words were "If you're the kind of guy who can pay cash then you can pay to fix anything."
That wouldn’t work at most dealers. You want the truck more than they need the sale. Most dealers would say finance or walk. My salesman even told me not to tell them I’m a cash buyer or it’ll kill the deal.

Warranty is another scam. Even after I told her I wouldn’t keep it longer than the manufacturer warranty finance lady kept pushing it because it’s another payout for them. She said just cancel it right away and wouldnt shutup until my wife stepped in. Fatality.