What oil? - The one and only oil thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
My truck is saying Oil Change Required. The dealership has been replacing my oil for the first 30k miles. The free scheduled maintenance is up. What oil are you all running?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run what they say to. The Motorcraft 5w-30 and an 820s filter. On my old truck I went to Mobil 1 Synthetic and noticed nothing.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whtrapta said:
My truck is saying Oil Change Required. The dealership has been replacing my oil for the first 30k miles. The free scheduled maintenance is up. What oil are you all running?

Recommended stuff. Can't go wrong

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1, used it in all vehicles from Toyotas, to Fords, to MB, to Ducati, to Harley, for almost 30 years, and in my last 2 diesel engines.

Ford won't give you shit for using a "non motorcraft oil" (especially since Motorcraft Oil is made by Conoco Phillips), I would be more concerned about proving a change was done (just knowing Ford like I do).

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use what ever is on sale when I need it. Last change I got a filter and 5qts synthetic for 32.00...

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I run what they say to. The Motorcraft 5w-30 and an 820s filter. On my old truck I went to Mobil 1 Synthetic and noticed nothing.

5w-30? Both my 04 FX4 and my Raptor want the 5w-20 used? I have alway run the Mobil 1 in all my rides sept the Suzuki's. They get Susuki semi syn.

Had an aquantance use straight 30 wt on a used f 150 he bought, ran fine till he changed the oil and went with the 30wt. Didn't make another 1500 more miles and trashed the motor. Mechanic blaimed the oil? To thick for some of the small oil passages? I am suspicious of his story.

BDRAG