what oil does the fatory fill with ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not going to complicate my life on any vehicle...if I'm going to take any regular samplings it's going to be for high cholesterol in my blood or other life extending test :)

As for oil changes, I use Mobile 1 and Mobile 1 filters on all my vehicles and change it every 3000/3mths.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Precisely SVO, and I doubt seriously that too many of us will take the time to do oil sampling. Like you, I will stick to the 3K/3month schedule as well.

FSM

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you guys are like I was/am... too lazy/busy to mess with the oil sampling <G>. It was worth a try... maybe someone will take the challenge.

Falcon :w00t:

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my $.02.

I've been using Mobil 1 FULL synthetics for over 20 years for sure. Some cars I have bought come with full synthetic, some don't. Once I change the oil for the first time (and its always synthetic on the first change) I change every 10,000 miles. I can go 15,000 but prefer not to. Recently my F250 required 15 qts of Mobil 1 and I still did it every 10,000 miles (15 qts of FULL Synthetic).

Depending on use, it would be a non-issue for me to change the oil in this Raptor every 5,000k, but 10,000 is my mark right now.

AuPanda

Reaction score
my $.02.

I've been using Mobil 1 FULL synthetics for over 20 years for sure. Some cars I have bought come with full synthetic, some don't. Once I change the oil for the first time (and its always synthetic on the first change) I change every 10,000 miles. I can go 15,000 but prefer not to. Recently my F250 required 15 qts of Mobil 1 and I still did it every 10,000 miles (15 qts of FULL Synthetic).

Depending on use, it would be a non-issue for me to change the oil in this Raptor every 5,000k, but 10,000 is my mark right now.

I agree that you can go 10,000 or more easily with full synthetic under "normal" conditions. When in an abusive environment (on the track or hot footing it for a weekend in the desert), I like to change the oil and power steering fluid more often.

SVTF150

Formerly Whazzup
Reaction score
Just had my first oil change at 3000, and used Pennzoil platinum full synthetic. I plan on changing at 6000. Do you guys think that is a big waste of money?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my first oil change at 3000, and used Pennzoil platinum full synthetic. I plan on changing at 6000. Do you guys think that is a big waste of money?

Nope, it would be a big waste of money if you used that oil and changed it every 3000 miles. It's an excellent choice.

FYI, I use Pennzoil Ultra 5w-20 so you can always point to (and laugh at) me as being an even bigger waste of money!