What is the latest PCM/TCM update version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of talk here about the latest PCM and TCM update from Ford... anyone know the latest revision/strategy number?

I'm heading to the dealer now for updates.

TIA!

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer and they were able to successfully update the PCM and TCM calibrations to the latest version. Entire process took 45 minutes. The tech said he just hooked it up to his factory IDS computer and it immediately notified him of an available update. See the print out of the tech's screen in the first pic below.

The LATEST versions are shown in the second pic, highlighted in yellow.

My thoughts? I love it. Cold startup and warm idle is much more quiet, and the transmission is MUCH more refined. If you have a 2017 Raptor this is an absolute MUST have. The Raptor really should have left the factory this way.

TCM_PCM_1.png

TCM_PCM_2.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got mine updated 2018 SCREW 802A, Built 9/17:

TCM
Before: JL3A-12B565-UF
Now: JL3A-12B565-AFD

PCM
Before: JL3A-12A650-AYF
Now: JL3A-12A650-AYJ

I have noticed only that the idle RPM is a little bit higher (between 50-100), from say 500 to 600rpm.

Wondering if these part numbers are all the same for all 2018 SCREWs, or if they differ by build date or model trim.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta ask. Will it overwrite a tune?

Depending on the tune source, yes it will overwrite it and since the base config file is changed, your tune is no longer valid for the truck. You'll need to get your "tuner" to update the config file and then it will reload.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the tune source, yes it will overwrite it and since the base config file is changed, your tune is no longer valid for the truck. You'll need to get your "tuner" to update the config file and then it will reload.

So just to clarify on an MPT tune I can't just put the tune back to stock, have the update done and then reload my tune?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just to clarify on an MPT tune I can't just put the tune back to stock, have the update done and then reload my tune?
No you can't. You have to put back to stock, have the dealer update the stock file, then download your new stock file, send it to MPT so they can tune the new stock file...

Last edited: