GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was in the garage of one of our rental houses, tenants moved out after 1 year in a newly built house. It's a mixture of cat p iss and sh it. Went and pressure washed it today, still smells horrible. May have to burn it down. :doublepuke:

View attachment 371199View attachment 371200
The smell is in the walls and ceiling. You'll have to paint them to rid the smell.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The smell is in the walls and ceiling. You'll have to paint them to rid the smell.
I think you may be right. I called a guy that manages a bazillion properties, he said try clorox on the floor. If no work, KILLZ then paint walls/ceiling.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was in the garage of one of our rental houses, tenants moved out after 1 year in a newly built house. It's a mixture of cat p iss and sh it. Went and pressure washed it today, still smells horrible. May have to burn it down. :doublepuke:

View attachment 371199View attachment 371200
Make sure you change every air filter in that house too. Bleach is your friend. Leave the garage open as much as you can, it will help air out the stuff.

You can start by wiping down the walls gently with an appropriate cleaner, if that fails or doesn't cover the smell as much as you'd like you're gonna have to paint it. I've never heard of Kilz, but any smoke cover primer should do.

You could put a treatment on the cement like I did on one of my properties. If you get the smooth gel coat type it should help with the smell and allow easier cleaning in the future. If you get the nonskid style with the flakes and chips, it will help with the smell too but they're a bit tougher to clean up... but at least oil and other crap doesnt seep into the concrete.

Basically any "home renovation" tip for rejuvenating a smokers house is the same for a cat hoarder. Nothing wrong with tenants having cats, but after two I charge 25 per animal. It has worked out many times in my favor by turning away people who would otherwise abuse it... and once it worked out extremely well when a prospective tenant screened well but reported they had like 12 cats, turns out they did not give a single care about paying an extra 500 a month for their pets. They turned out to be a very good tenant.

Last edited:

FDNY-L107

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020 COPO 5.7 Supercharged John Force edition. Car #006, 1 of 4 in the world with this configuration. 1,300 HP. Yes, the neighbors called the cops on me already, lol.

Attachments

• 25213327-764E-4CBB-A8BD-48623D7A5222.jpeg
    25213327-764E-4CBB-A8BD-48623D7A5222.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 5362A628-9EC1-4CBD-84BA-E9E3CA495572.jpeg
    5362A628-9EC1-4CBD-84BA-E9E3CA495572.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 57

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Make sure you change every air filter in that house too. Bleach is your friend. Leave the garage open as much as you can, it will help air out the stuff.

You can start by wiping down the walls gently with an appropriate cleaner, if that fails or doesn't cover the smell as much as you'd like you're gonna have to paint it. I've never heard of Kilz, but any smoke cover primer should do.

You could put a treatment on the cement like I did on one of my properties. If you get the smooth gel coat type it should help with the smell and allow easier cleaning in the future. If you get the nonskid style with the flakes and chips, it will help with the smell too but they're a bit tougher to clean up... but at least oil and other crap doesnt seem into the concrete.

Basically any "home renovation" tip for rejuvenating a smokers house is the same for a cat hoarder. Nothing wrong with tenants having cats, but after two I charge 25 per animal. It has worked out many times in my favor by turning away people who would otherwise abuse it... and once it worked out extremely well when a prospective tenant screened well but reported they had like 12 cats, turns out they did not give a single care about paying an extra 500 a month for their pets. They turned out to be a very good tenant.
I don't think the cats ever came into the house, no smells. I am gonna have the garage epoxy coated and keep the deposit. I'll come out of pocket a few, but it will be worth it in the long run. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll have the walls painted up and take them to court. lol. I kind of think they aren't planning on getting deposit back anyway. They didn't mention it since they left. I will get a forwarding address though and send them an itemized list and pics.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like a street legal drag car with a wheelie bar. I bet it is a lot of fun though.