What does everyone think of the new 2011 silver color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old Painless

Reaction score
I KNOW!!! Freakin' black gets dirty so fast! I currently have a 2010 GT500 in black and it looks sick when clean but it gets dirty really fast....Ughhhh....maybe I gotta consider silver and accent it with the black vinyl on the hood and tailgate? Would that look killer combined with the SDHQ bumper in matte black to match the vinyl???? POW!!!!

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO it's a very boring color and would have been my last choice of the five colors had I bought a 2011. The order I rank the colors are Molten Orange, White, Black, Blue and last Silver. :peace:

So silver is "very boring", but white is the second most exciting? :hmm: Not hating, everyone has their own opinion. It just struck me as strange.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the silver as well, but I've seen 2 so far with the graphics on the hood and the digital mud and I personally think it looks killer. I would definitely buy it. JMO

h20son

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I saw the silver in person with the black flares and accents I think its awesome looking. A lot of my decision was also based upon never selling the truck once I got it. Keeping silver clean is just the easiest thing out there. I guess it just depends on what your buying it for.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I like the Silver for the very reason some people dislike - it's NOT loud!!! Not to mention it disguises the dirt and just plain looks cool IMO.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Silver looks good clean and hides dirt well. Black looks incredible clean but shows everything. I have been a silver or white fan for my last 5 trucks. This time I wanted something a little brighter so I did the blue.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My favorite color is that sterling gray color...think that's what it's called.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I struggled between black and silver and eventually settled on silver due to my past experience with upkeep on black cars. I've now had my silver Raptor a couple of weeks and am thrilled with my choice. The various gray trim pieces work really well with the Ingot Silver. And, here in the Pacific Northwest, I can drive it around the block without it looking like its gone off-road.

I'll be adding some "color" to the mix shortly just to give it some more pop. At first I'll use vinyl and once I settle on colors, transition to actual paint. The Raptor is a great canvas to work with.