What does everyone think of the new 2011 silver color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old Painless

Reaction score
Let me start by reminding everyone here that I'm a die hard FORD fan and would never drive any other type of car so don't think I'm hating on the Blue Oval, no way! It's not the color silver in general that is the issue here, per se'...It's the particularly wimpy, drab, boring. ******* 'Ingot silver' that Ford erroneously chose to use on the 2011 Raptor!! Had they used their noggins and employed a TRUE bright aluminum sliver, like Acura or Honda, THAT would be Bad-Leroy!!!! C'mon Ford, you don't even offer the Raptor in a bright red? That's a travesty!!! Anyway, just had to vent that...Whew.....I feel better........

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by reminding everyone here that I'm a die hard FORD fan and would never drive any other type of car so don't think I'm hating on the Blue Oval, no way! It's not the color silver in general that is the issue here, per se'...It's the particularly wimpy, drab, boring. ******* 'Ingot silver' that Ford erroneously chose to use on the 2011 Raptor!! Had they used their noggins and employed a TRUE bright aluminum sliver, like Acura or Honda, THAT would be Bad-Leroy!!!! C'mon Ford, you don't even offer the Raptor in a bright red? That's a travesty!!! Anyway, just had to vent that...Whew.....I feel better........

well to each their own opinion but I like the "*******" ingot silver :waytogo:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Not everyone wants a color that says "Hey, look at me look at me". Silver is classy, IMO. Blue flame and molten orange are colors that Generation Y'ers or Mellennials would drive.

...And Gen X'ers with low self-esteem.:flipthebird:

CliffyW

Reaction score
Sorry but Flame Blue is the nicest color blue on any car I've seen ever--its loud but its proud without being too South of the Border. Almost a House of Kolor candy blue. Their Orange as well beats the hell out of Chevy's rendition on the Camaro's

My knees quiver every time I see my Flame Blue FX4 that I wish I could tranform into being a Raptor

Silver looks better than the white at least

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spotted a silver screw today with graphics, it looked killer. I would have ordered mine in silver if black was not just the most bad ass color available.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone knows Molten Orange Is the best and first color of the Raptor everything else comes in second:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

I'm not sure I can agree with any of that. In fact, word has it, Molten Orange will be the first color to be discontinued. In 2012 Ford will be adding a red color option and saying bye bye to orange. :Bye::Bye: