What does everyone think of the new 2011 silver color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Painless

Reaction score
Deciding on the color of my new Raptor and just wondering? It seems like the typical dull Ford silver as opposed to a bright aluminum Honda type silver, no? Wish it was really a 'true' silver..... :-(

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Boring

Deciding on the color of my new Raptor and just wondering? It seems like the typical dull Ford silver as opposed to a bright aluminum Honda type silver, no? Wish it was really a 'true' silver..... :-(

IMO it's a very boring color and would have been my last choice of the five colors had I bought a 2011. The order I rank the colors are Molten Orange, White, Black, Blue and last Silver. :peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the Ingot Silver on cars...not trucks. I don't know, the Raptor has awesome bulges and hips and is just massive. The Ingot Silver, I think, is better suited for sharp lines and creases in say the Fusion, Taurus or Mustang.

Big, Bold and Loud is what works on the Raptor.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For such a vehicle that's supposed to make a statement, Ford went with some boring color options. Other than Molten Orange and maybe the Flame Blue, everything is pretty boring. I would have thought that some red hues or maybe even some more out there colors would've been obvious for an SVT vehicle. I basically defaulted to Tuxedo Black, but would've picked Race Red, or preferably Candy Red Metallic in a heartbeat.

Oh well, all the Ford colors I like are temporarily screwed by the tragedy in Japan anyway. Lol. Damn you, Xirallic pigment!

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the silver. Probably one of my top choices. I think it goes well with the dark colors of the grill and fenders flares. I think a yellow would be sweet though

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the silver, I would have gotten it if it was an option for the 10.

OP
OP
O

Old Painless

Reaction score
Yep, agreed! Totally going to 'default' to black.... I think it's tragic there is no true bright red or even the Kona Blue they use on the GT500 Mustang would be awesome!!! Thanks for confirming my sentiments guys....
BTW, is my Tuxedo Black ordered Raptor gonna get delayed cause of the paint problem arising in Japan? RSVP.... :-(

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i loved my metallic silver 03 cobra. It looks a lot cleaner after a drive a round the block than my tuxedo black. Thats the only thing I dont care for about balck. Looks badass, but constanlty washing it.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, agreed! Totally going to 'default' to black.... I think it's tragic there is no true bright red or even the Kona Blue they use on the GT500 Mustang would be awesome!!! Thanks for confirming my sentiments guys....
BTW, is my Tuxedo Black ordered Raptor gonna get delayed cause of the paint problem arising in Japan? RSVP.... :-(

I don't want to derail the thread from topic, so I'll just link you to the current discussion: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/bad-news-1960/