What do you use to prevent light theft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys do to prevent someone from stealing your LED Pods or light bars? I was looking at Bryce Fasteners for some one off bolts to secure the pod to the bracket. I'm not sure on the cost yet but one of their options is a custom bolt with a custom bit that no one else can buy. Probably going to be expensive but might be a good option to keep someone from stealing lights? Anyone use something else? I thought about tack welding the bolt head too but if i ever have to replace a light, that might be a PITA.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys do to prevent someone from stealing your LED Pods or light bars? I was looking at Bryce Fasteners for some one off bolts to secure the pod to the bracket. I'm not sure on the cost yet but one of their options is a custom bolt with a custom bit that no one else can buy. Probably going to be expensive but might be a good option to keep someone from stealing lights? Anyone use something else? I thought about tack welding the bolt head too but if i ever have to replace a light, that might be a PITA.
Live in a place that isn’t woke.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The risk of light theft is negligible enough that I don't worry about it. If it happens (it won't) then I'll file an insurance claim under my comprehensive coverage. Don't weld together an assembly to prevent a problem that will likely never happen.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s seem to be the consensus. I had a friend that had a light bar stolen but she parked behind some bushes so the thief was able to hide in the bushes to get at the bar. Sounds like that was a rare thing as others have said it’s not a big problem