Anyone install IGLA anti theft device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dfw62

dfw62

Reaction score
Not going to install something that messes with the computer program

I hear ya on that and did wrestle with this point when deciding whether to install IGLA or not. I know Ravelco is more straight forward but did not like the idea of physically cutting wires. With the IGLA no wires were cut for the install and it's only a few connections where it ties into the existing wiring. I figured worst case if I had issues with the IGLA I would just have it removed.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any functionality issues with your IGLA? On my 2022, the truck does not shut down when you shift into gear after remote starting about 95% of the time. When it lets you put it in gear and drive away the headlights flicker and the headlamp setting comes on and off on the instrument panel. It does this until the code is entered. My installer was unable to resolve the issue. Since I only use remote start when I have the truck in sight I have been OK with living with it.

I use the IGLA key fob in place of entering the code. Find it very convenient and accept the fact that if someone gets my keys they can take the truck. Haven’t tried the app. Is it as easy as the key fob in that you can just get in and hit the start button if you have your phone in your pocket?

Another little quirk when entering the code (not using the IGLA key fob) is that the headlamp setting comes up on the instrument panel briefly. My installer said this was normal and not a concern. I saw the same thing in one of the YouTube videos I watched on a 2023 (I think) F150.

I have also found when entering the code if I begin to enter the code immediately after the initial push of the start button it will not always disarm. If I pause briefly after the initial push of the start button to “let the truck wake up” before entering the code it disarms. I avoid this annoyance by using the IGLA key fob.

Despite the above I am satisfied with my IGLA as it gives me piece of mind that my truck can’t be stolen by a hacker copying my Ford key fob code. However I was not happy about the $1200 price tag. Ravelco would have been about $500 less but I didn’t want to have to carry around the plug on my key chain and lose my ability to remote start.

Anyone else with an IGLA please share your experience. If having issues please share along with any resolutions. Thanks
If you remote start, then put it in gear before authenticating, it should shut down and go back into Park automatically. You might want to talk to your installer, they may have missed something. If not authenticated, you should not be able to get it into gear and drive away. From what I've read, there has only been one successful theft of a vehicle with an Igla installed and that was due to an installation error. Don't become the second one.

You do need to give the truck a second to wake up before you enter the code if doing it manually.

I have the key fobs, but I hate adding any bulk, however so slight to my keys. I use the app.

wlarsen76

Reaction score
With the IGLA no wires were cut for the install and it's only a few connections where it ties into the existing wiring.

Do you mind if I ask how you found this out?
How does it tie into the existing wiring?
Is it spliced?

I just came across an anecdotal article about some guy installing a security system. He had something go wrong with some electrical components and BMW (I think) wouldn't replace the wiring harness because they said it was the security systems fault and they voided the warranty. Cost him $20K to replace.

OP
OP
dfw62

dfw62

Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask how you found this out?
How does it tie into the existing wiring?
Is it spliced?

My installer told me no wires would be cut. My understanding is that the insulation was stripped on some wires and the IGLA was spliced in. I could be wrong on this.

Gen3Rap69

Reaction score
I have IGLA and compustar pro t13 on my 22, it’s flawless no issues what so ever. IGLA is anti theft device while compustar is a theft deterrent. Igla prevents thieves from basically driving off with your car (relay attacks, key cloning) while compustar or viper is your traditional alarm (extra siren, shock sensor, tilt sensor, glass break sensor). Compustar or viper are easily removal while igla is not, that is why pairing both gives you the best protection. Another thing the IGLA must be Installed by a IGLA authorized dealer. If you need more information go to the TRX forum they go in-depth on this topic. Also Revelco is trash and easy defeat-able go to YouTube and look it up or the Ram Trx forum.