What do you use to prevent light theft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has to do with lights, you see.
Please excuse me for being gratuitously helpful.
(I thought that's what FRF was for.)

Why don't you explain the upfitter wire connections as well? That'll be as helpful to the topic as the explanation of how to aim lights.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some quick shots for you. I bought this light bar maybe eight or nine years ago and it wasn't a name brand, so I don't remember who or what on it. The mounting is rock solid, and the light has worked all these years. I do have some clip on lens protectors on the center of the light as you can see in the picture.View attachment 341819 View attachment 341824View attachment 341837
I like how the upper bar worked out. I'm looking at how to aesthetically cut out some of the bricks so i looks like a curved bar is flush mounted into the grill. A 40" curved with DRL would look BA but the depth limiting factor is the clamp on the lee PS res. A 30 is easier to mount and has the room to set back just right.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really have to watch the clearance of the light to the hood latch and upper horn!
Both OEM horns are gone and if you cut out the grill you can move the light forward. There is 2/5" or so between the front of the brace and the face of the grille.gtille.jpg

So given a 30w x 3.45 D bar 2.5" or so of the light would be forward of the forward edge of the support and the remaining rear 1" would not protrude aft of the brace at all.

Last edited:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I can understand what you are trying to achieve with the light forward and cutting the grill. I just couldn't bring myself to cutting the grill. What if you do it and don't like the look? I'm happy with mine behind the grill, the forty and the thirty back there gives me all the night light I need for my uses. Good luck with your install.