What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the newest thing I’ve ever owned and when I check it, it varies on how much is in there so I don’t know if it’s just because it’s new or not l now have 35,576 miles on it and it seems everything is still as good as it was I probably will reconsider about putting it back in.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From oilcatchcan.com

What is caught in a PCV OIL Catch Can?

It's more than just oil.....​

What is caught in a PCV Catch Can will vary depending on how well it's designed and how effective it is. There are many Catch Cans on the market, but only a few that perform exceptionally well.

The more effective PCV Catch Cans on the market will trap the most (90%-95%) allowing almost no damaging compounds or oil to blow past.

In cold weather below 50* F, far more water and sludge is caught in a PCV Catch Can.

Some of what is caught:
Water vapor (released during the intense heat and pressure during the combustion process)
Un-burnt fuel (especially in cold weather when cold start enrichment takes place. Gasoline does not burn completely.

Sulfuric Acid (forms when the water vapor mixes with other hydrocarbon based chemicals and is very corrosive to internal parts)

Abrasive soot and carbon particles. These are generally too small for the oil filter to trap, as they are far smaller than the 15 micron size a filter. And if these are not removed by evacuation and flushing, as soon as they enter, these quickly fall and settle into the engine oil causing accelerated wear.

Typical concentration in a Catch Can:
70% water and acids.
23% raw un-burnt fuel.
7% is oil saturated with abrasive particulate matter.

Water, raw fuel, sulfuric acid, other acids, and abrasive particulate matter. If these are not flushed and evacuated (sucked out) as soon as they enter, they quickly settle and mix with the engine oil accumulating in the crankcase.

The abrasive particulate matter is always circulating in the oil. The average oil filter only effectively filters out particulate matter 10-20 microns in size or larger, so smaller particles, responsible on average for app. 70% of all internal engine wear, are not trapped and continue to circulate causing wear to all internal moving parts.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I contemplated this video pondering whether I needed to do anything to or for my raptor today...

@Old-Raptor-guy
That TSB is the latest that came out 45-60 days ago. Crazy it took 6 years to figure out a fix. I guess we will see how my 2020 goes. We have fixed quite a few with valve bodies. TSB says to start with that (short version) and then replace drum if you still have shifting issues. We have had 2 out of about 25 that still had issues.

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some slight changes.
Expedition Radio/AC panel...gained Digital readouts for the temps, heated steering wheel button and a few other things. I also added the custom console lid with wireless charging. https://leatherseats.com/shop/inter...rd-charging-consoles/raptor-charging-console/
Upgraded to two Mosconi's 5/30, Focal KX2's and Helix Ultra DSP and did the highly sought after PRNDM light mod.

View attachment 436846
View attachment 436847View attachment 436848
IMG_7355.jpeg
IMG_7353.jpeg

Copied your idea, interestingly enough theres another plug on the back of this that we dont have but everything works.
Nice having some extra features and options that are only in sync on here

CVP33

Reaction score
Installed Rigid Radiance. 1997 Toyoace is still brighter though. Prolly cause it only has 7K miles on it.

Attachments

• IMG_9646.jpeg
    IMG_9646.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9649.jpeg
    IMG_9649.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9651.jpeg
    IMG_9651.jpeg