What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just wasted your time and money. The OEM plugs work perfectly for at least 60k miles running tuned for 59k miles. It's OK to swap out parts to make yourself feel better, but there is literally no NEED. That reminds me, I need to change the oil & filter while swapping the new tires/wheels on!

nah- actually if you’re OCD I’d change em every other oil change 10/12k miles

these tt Ford engines really like fresh cold properly gapped plugs

in the very least I’d change em every 25-30k if you want it running tiptop

Torquebeast

Reaction score
w/ any tune that seems to be one of the more obvious changes- stock from it starts to run outta gusto like 80ish? Well mash the pedal on a tuned gen2 @ highway speeds & it’ll really surprise you how hard it can pull in the higher gears
That will be a welcomed change as that is a complaint I have with it stock. I will get more info from Matt when I call but what fuel should I tune for. I have 93 and E15, E85 available. No plans for any other mods. Not sure I want to mix fuel either. Thinking 93 will work fine for me but that $2 E85 is tempting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

I checked the gap on all the OeM plugs I removed and they were all over the place and all of them were a bit over gapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score

You guys are so wrong about this. The problem (if there even is one) is the shit fuel your running.

My truck, at 60k miles has WAY more power than stock, yet I'm on the original plugs.

According to the spark plug fallacy spread on this forum, mine should be misfiring like crazy and not even running by now, yet it is the quickest and fastest it has ever been...

D

Deleted member 17706

My truck, at 60k miles has WAY more power than stock, yet I'm on the original plugs.

You want to talk about a fallacy? Yea, your running more power than stock because you have a TUNE! It’s not because of your spark plugs.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are so wrong about this. The problem (if there even is one) is the shit fuel your running.

According to the spark plug fallacy spread on this forum, mine should be misfiring like crazy and not even running by now, yet it is the quickest and fastest it has ever been...

OK yeah well you do you.

I’ll keep changing the plugs...on my vette/MDX not so much, on the raptor? Every 10-12k

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You want to talk about a fallacy? Yea, your running more power than stock because you have a TUNE! It’s not because of your spark plugs.

Well DUH! Of course it's NOT the spark plugs. Where TF did you get that? I'm a tuner myself, so WTF? THe fact is that the ORIGINAL plugs work perfectly at 60k miles. No NEED for swapping them out UNLESS ****** fuel OR you like to pour additive sh*t into the tank which equals SH*TY fuel.