What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I'm waiting on the new manifolds that FR is releasing for them.

We picked up 90 CFM with the head work. ( as well as velocity). The FR manifolds should give us an additional 30 CFM and we'll get more velocity.

I did DI XDI60 injectors . I'm going to run a new factory HPFP. I will upgrade it if I end up running E99 on a regular basis. ( but I don't forsee that. I am most interested in doing a dyno tune with Pemex 91 so I can get my "south of the border" performance dialed in.)

a few of my friends that did the Hyper Supercharged coyote upgrade have had a bunch of trouble with missing and pinging once they tried to run their trucks on the 91 we get south of the border. ( I want to avoid this. I even brought 20 gallons of fuel back from mexico with me.)

Sounds like a good plan!
Matt really liked what he seen from my setup. Except for the fuel issue. He thinks one of my DI injectors is on the fritz. I have stock DI and port injectors with a XDI-EVO HPFP. I had good low pressure sitting at 80 the whole time but said I was running out a fuel at the top end.
Thats one thing I like about GH tune. They keep the auto octane learn but improve on it. So I ran from Texas to Cali and put 91 and 93 in it. Could tell with the 91 but it still ran really strong.
So who is doing your tuning?
Is the 20gal of fuel for testing?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan!
Matt really liked what he seen from my setup. Except for the fuel issue. He thinks one of my DI injectors is on the fritz. I have stock DI and port injectors with a XDI-EVO HPFP. I had good low pressure sitting at 80 the whole time but said I was running out a fuel at the top end.
Thats one thing I like about GH tune. They keep the auto octane learn but improve on it. So I ran from Texas to Cali and put 91 and 93 in it. Could tell with the 91 but it still ran really strong.
So who is doing your tuning?
Is the 20gal of fuel for testing?
I would take a look at doing the XDI60s. The other option is 50% over stockers, but you'll get more out of the XDI option for slightly more money.

I havent settled on a tuner yet. I may just take the truck to MPT in Florida to have it tuned.

Yeah, the mexican fuel is for tuning/testing so I can get 3 tune options. ( mexican 91, U.S. 93 and E99 (because race truck)).

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take a look at doing the XDI60s. The other option is 50% over stockers, but you'll get more out of the XDI option for slightly more money.

I havent settled on a tuner yet. I may just take the truck to MPT in Florida to have it tuned.

Yeah, the mexican fuel is for tuning/testing so I can get 3 tune options. ( mexican 91, U.S. 93 and E99 (because race truck)).

That was the plan. Get the XDI injectors and possible the Garrett's on down the road. Then let er rip.
Well I know Matt said they plan to get some of the Garrett's for their shop raptor. Im pretty sure it has an RMB motor in it too. So they could be an option for you as well.
I had MPT tune prior to my engine blowing and I liked it but I really like the GH tune.
I cant wait to see what your truck will do.
How long?

Torquebeast

Reaction score
I've ridden in a guy's Raptor who had the "old" cobb tune w/o tranny programming & it was.....not comparable, was 1/2 a tune alot of bluster & sporadic shifting from the tranny which makes sense b/c one hand aint talking to the other.

I've driven a truck w/ MPT 93 tune & I'd say the MPT tune may be making a little more power - particularly higher in the RPMS, but the transmission behavior was not as smooth & "intuitive" as the gearhead tune, I feel like the GH tune may have been making more power in the midrange though which is where I prefer especially w/ this vehicle

I don't care so much about peak HP dyno #s as I do about smooth positive shifts & not blowing up

I had 30k miles w/ GH tune in place on my last 2018 Raptor w/ no issues
Sounds good, I will give Matt a call. I don’t care about top HP either but top end on this thing sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
That was the plan. Get the XDI injectors and possible the Garrett's on down the road. Then let er rip.
Well I know Matt said they plan to get some of the Garrett's for their shop raptor. Im pretty sure it has an RMB motor in it too. So they could be an option for you as well.
I had MPT tune prior to my engine blowing and I liked it but I really like the GH tune.
I cant wait to see what your truck will do.
How long?
ryan and I are deciding where we're going to swap the motor ( ryan is a friend). I'm heading up to Philly soon for work and am considering just bring my raptor with me ( to just swap it out at Ryan's shop in Jersey.) He finished building the motor a couple weeks ago. The garretts are probably at his shop.

I just need to decide if I want to put everything in now, or wait for FR to release the manifolds for the garretts.

I'm impatient too, so I'm leaning towards getting it done. I also am waiting on transmission parts and a torque convertor. Going with a built trans and billet TC because we're expecting to get right around 1000 RWHP when its running on E99. ( possibly more once we get the turbos dialed. I'm going to run out of HPFP before anything else. Motor is built for 1250-1300HP.)

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ryan and I are deciding where we're going to swap the motor ( ryan is a friend). I'm heading up to Philly soon for work and am considering just bring my raptor with me ( to just swap it out at Ryan's shop in Jersey.) He finished building the motor a couple weeks ago. The garretts are probably at his shop.

I just need to decide if I want to put everything in now, or wait for FR to release the manifolds for the garretts.

I'm impatient too, so I'm leaning towards getting it done. I also am waiting on transmission parts and a torque convertor. Going with a built trans and billet TC because we're expecting to get right around 1000 RWHP when its running on E99. ( possibly more once we get the turbos dialed. I'm going to run out of HPFP before anything else. Motor is built for 1250-1300HP.)
Beast mode!! Well atleast you did the harder part already by doing the DI injectors. The HPFP is easy to swap.
I was hoping for close to 550-575hp/600ftlbs at the wheels. Didn't quite make it yet. Gotta swap them DI injectors first.
But first I need to do a motor swap on my other ride. So priority.... ‍♂️

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Installed a set of colder spark plugs for the stage 2 tune. I am floored at how easy the gen 2 spark plug change is compared to the gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You just wasted your time and money. The OEM plugs work perfectly for at least 60k miles running tuned for 59k miles. It's OK to swap out parts to make yourself feel better, but there is literally no NEED. That reminds me, I need to change the oil & filter while swapping the new tires/wheels on!

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
You just wasted your time and money. The OEM plugs work perfectly for at least 60k miles running tuned for 59k miles. It's OK to swap out parts to make yourself feel better, but there is literally no NEED. That reminds me, I need to change the oil & filter while swapping the new tires/wheels on!

I went a heat range colder. I didn’t change the spark plugs because I thought the OEM were bad. I threw them in for more power. So there is literally a need. [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good, I will give Matt a call. I don’t care about top HP either but top end on this thing sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w/ any tune that seems to be one of the more obvious changes- stock from it starts to run outta gusto like 80ish? Well mash the pedal on a tuned gen2 @ highway speeds & it’ll really surprise you how hard it can pull in the higher gears