What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa! That's awesome! I also use Deutsch DT 2-pin connectors for all my upfitters (and a 12-pin DT for connecting to all the upfitter wires on the firewall). Does that plate allow 2-pin DTs to slide or snap to it, or is an additional fastener involved? Where you plan to mount the rail? I've got all my DTs tucked between the battery and the firewall.

@DINOZR
The connector slides into it. I made it snug so it slides in and bottoms out. I plan on mounting somewhere on the firewall back behind the battery. That's where they are currently tucked at. Here is the rendering to help see it a little better. I figured this would clean up the connectors just laying behind the battery.

mountbar render.png

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd do the rack/tent.

I don't know that you'll get it done for $2500, but if you are interested in a roam tent, use my discount code and it will at least save you 10%.

The rear differential is easy and cheap to change the oil on. The front is a pain in the ass if your truck didn't come with a drain ( not all raptors have a drain and it seems to be hit or miss. ).

If you decide to do the trans and coolant, do yourself a favor and have a shop do it. You want to use a fluid exchange machine for both. ( the service manual calls it out for the trans and if you do the coolant manually, you'll find yourself chasing air bubbles in the system for much longer than you'd like.)

Can you please post the link for exactly what I require for the tent and the mounting kit?
I will thinking about taking it to a shop to do the fluids as I sold my house and have no way to change a thing ATM.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Can you please post the link for exactly what I require for the tent and the mounting kit?
I will thinking about taking it to a shop to do the fluids as I sold my house and have no way to change a thing ATM.

you honestly just need a rack, like a KBvoodoo, leitner designs, RCI, CBI, etc. ( just depends on the specific use and what you want.)

And then a tent, https://www.roamadventureco.com/collections/tents ( again, tent size, annex, etc is all about your preferences. )

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DINOZR
The connector slides into it. I made it snug so it slides in and bottoms out. I plan on mounting somewhere on the firewall back behind the battery. That's where they are currently tucked at. Here is the rendering to help see it a little better. I figured this would clean up the connectors just laying behind the battery.

View attachment 166681

That's great! Please keep us updated as you progress. I recently mounted an external 40A fuse holder for an air compressor. Couldn't find any suitable real estate on the firewall. But I located an area on an aluminum bracket along the upper frame rail, kind of directly to the side of the battery box. I drilled and tapped it for a #8 screw and it worked great. You might consider that area if the firewall doesn't work out.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you honestly just need a rack, like a KBvoodoo, leitner designs, RCI, CBI, etc. ( just depends on the specific use and what you want.)

And then a tent, https://www.roamadventureco.com/collections/tents ( again, tent size, annex, etc is all about your preferences. )

Can you please post a link to a tent for the rear of the Raptor that has a master bath with Jacuzzi, a king size bed with Casper mattress, and a Geisha for happy endings. TY in advance. ;)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These damn posts are KILLING ME. All these awesomely beautiful mods.

Sheeyat, I drove mine to Costco yesterday for some relatively cheap gas and a spending spree inside. Does that count?