What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolksDragon

Reaction score
Had the day off today, so I took a fast run on some of may favorite back roads and secret routes to nowhere.

Raptor%20Bridge%2004web.jpg

Raptor%20Dirt%2001web.jpg

Raptor%20Bridge%2001web.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I used my Raptor to pick this up:
As you may or may not know, I have a massive personality disorder which causes me to seek satisfaction in things with wheels. I tire of them and trade them akin to baseball cards when I was a kid.

As I wait (im)patiently for the C8 mid engine Corvette to come out to make the decision on whether my 911 T will be a keeper or a trader (I and my son will be in NH this weekend doing a PCA DE at Tamworth, last DE of the season) I decided it was high time I replace one of my vehicles. Well, sort of a vehicle. My driveway is 150' long with a large apron at the bottom. Shoveling is out of the question. I have a snowblower but it's a bear to use. So years ago I bought a Honda Rubicon 500cc ATV and outfitted it with a plow which was raised and lowered with the winch. Few years later I traded that for a Yamaha Grizzly 700 (actually it was only a 660cc but they like to exaggerate). The Yamaha was a great machine and gave me 10 years of reliable service, in spite of the fact it never, yeah, yeah, I know, never had an oil change or a service.

Riddle me this, Batman. I've heard opposing opinions. 1. 10 year old oil would be the equivalent of water at this point. 2. 10 year old oil would be the equivalent of thick syrup.

Anyway, here's what I just bought for the upcoming winter. Now to also find some trails to ride. in the meantime.

p3651372836-5.jpgp3651372851-4.jpgp3651372850-5.jpgp3651372860-5.jpgp3651373020-5.jpg

I showed you mine. Show me yours.

That's a badass machine! Been looking at adding one to the stable as well.

Carlito3178

Reaction score
It took me about 2 hours of prep with covering, masking, and sanding. The primer costs took less than 15 minutes each. The actual liner took about 15 minutes per coat with prep and cleanup. Then about an hour to unmask and get my wheels back on.

Total time about 5 to 6 hours max, not including drying time between coats. Did it over 2 days and did other things while it dried between coats.

No Line-X dealer in central Florida wanted to do it, so doing it myself was the best option. I am really happy with it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Did the dealers say it wasnt worth their time or that they wouldn't do it because it would just come off. I called 2 dealers and said they wouldn't do it because the couldn't guarantee it would stay

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the dealers say it wasnt worth their time or that they wouldn't do it because it would just come off. I called 2 dealers and said they wouldn't do it because the couldn't guarantee it would stay

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not worth their time and a lot of work for short spray tine. Also need a lift which most didn’t have.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some new goodies I hope I have time to install this weekend if I can get all of the moving boxes broken down and out of my garage [emoji24] as well as a Cobb [emoji44]intercooler...thanks Nick@Apollo-Optics!

77abdf0e70ac4e45487268e9c8d4e325.jpg
0624ee2132f9e75747b4065aa78c5619.jpg

Last edited: