What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Installed AFE 2FG exhaust on my 2019. I think I'm going to love it. Only obnoxious when I want it to be. I have before and after videos but don't really want to put them online. Can likely PM, if you are interested.

So now I'm Goosetuned stage 1 with the 2FG exhaust. Not sure what's next.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed AFE 2FG exhaust on my 2019. I think I'm going to love it. Only obnoxious when I want it to be. I have before and after videos but don't really want to put them online. Can likely PM, if you are interested.

So now I'm Goosetuned stage 1 with the 2FG exhaust. Not sure what's next.
Next is bigger intercooler, stage 2, then E50, then behind a Wendy's giving out handjobs, then Garrett turbos, then developing an interest in goats (ask @Oldfart) and then to the asylum muttering something about hunting sasquatches (ask @smurfslayer).

Mods. Not even once.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
@Rep732 I got my truck in early October and had it Goosetuned by the end of that first month. I took it for service this past Friday and completely uninstalled the ECU and TCM tunes before I drove it across town. It is PAINFUL to drive it stock. So sluggish with unpredictable transmission behavior. Reinstalled my tunes, and the truck is back to being wonderful...just smooth power delivery and in the right gear all the time.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NM_Life_Defender I like the sound of that and I know what you mean with the trans. Did ford see that you had flashed the ecm? I'm not sure I'd they are able to but I wouldn't be surprised if they can.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Rep732 I got my truck in early October and had it Goosetuned by the end of that first month. I took it for service this past Friday and completely uninstalled the ECU and TCM tunes before I drove it across town. It is PAINFUL to drive it stock. So sluggish with unpredictable transmission behavior. Reinstalled my tunes, and the truck is back to being wonderful...just smooth power delivery and in the right gear all the time.
Now you got me wanting to do the same. It shifts hard up and down and acts differently being in normal and sport mode.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Cleaned up my JL Audio C3 tweeter install. Used SoundsGoodStereo adaptors. Needed to run better speaker wire to the rear of the truck from the tweeters anyhow. Always one step closer......never ends.
Was
View attachment 358832

Now
View attachment 358833
I did the same thing over the weekend with my tweeters and did the door panel plastics covers as well (sounds good). I also had more sound deadning material and used it all up in the doors. Maybe it's the placebo effect but I feel its quieter and the doors feel really solid now.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Next is bigger intercooler, stage 2, then E50, then behind a Wendy's giving out handjobs, then Garrett turbos, then developing an interest in goats (ask @Oldfart) and then to the asylum muttering something about hunting sasquatches (ask @smurfslayer).

Mods. Not even once.
I'm thinking about suspension leveling or possibly wheels/tires when the OEM K02's need replacing...they probably have half their life left, so it'll be awhile. 21,000 miles on the truck currently. Stage 2 is also a possibility but not sure I want to risk it since I have an extended warranty good until 60k miles.

CDN_Raptor

Reaction score
I hate seeing wires…..

It always irked me that in such a presumably technologically advanced vehicle that we had to have phones connected by wire to use CarPlay.

What irked me even more was that even when connected by wire, connectivity (and charging) was always intermittent.

So for the past couple of months I’ve been watching ads for this wireless CarPlay module that the Zuck(erberg) has been force feeding into my social media feeds. Well I was so annoyed one day with the CarPlay connectivity that I decided to bite the bullet.

But now what to do about charging? I’m a big fan of Apple’s MagSafe but from everything I’ve heard the Belkin car vent mount was quite weak and would either drop the phone on bumps or come out of the vent completely. Most other mounts annoy me since you have to add a metal plate to use them and that still doesn’t solve my charging problem. Remember I hate seeing wires, so a few brain farts later, a bunch of measuring, and research I decided I wanted to mount the wireless charging pad in the “pistol cubby”/pen tray. I don’t need a hard/secure mount in the mall crawler/slush flinger so I wasn’t too concerned about the phone falling.

Enter the Belkin BoostCharge Magnetic Wireless Car Charger. I had no idea this existed and it’s actually unable in Canada. For the price I figured why not give it a shot. Thanks Amazon DOT com for shipping to Canada!

Now that everything is installed I have to say that I am extremely happy. The CarPlay module connects within a few seconds and there’s only about a 1.5 second delay when changing tracks.

Also when the phone is placed on the charging base you can barely see the wires which I routed under the console lid through the notch in the corner.

502116FC-D9A4-4726-BA19-C1DCC971FB89.jpeg

Attachments

• D88060B9-DF01-45A7-8E9A-7FFCE109BBEA.jpeg
    D88060B9-DF01-45A7-8E9A-7FFCE109BBEA.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 47
  • A84D1CEA-7414-45D9-B9C5-EDF87729231E.jpeg
    A84D1CEA-7414-45D9-B9C5-EDF87729231E.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 6B7E9EDF-7334-4F6A-B73B-9BA7E7D40008.jpeg
    6B7E9EDF-7334-4F6A-B73B-9BA7E7D40008.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 48

CDN_Raptor

Reaction score
I know I'm resurrecting an old post here, but the timing works--how's the Revivify holding up after 2 years? Is it as "self healing" as advertised? Interesting choice to put it over a matte wrap, but I like how it looks! I'm interested in the Revivify for my recently acquired '19, but not sure if it'll be worth the $$$ in the long run.
The Revivify works well. It does need some care i.e. using a good shampoo etc…

One thing I did notice is that I have to apply a spray on solution (and wipe off) to reactivate the hydrophobic properties but it’s not such a big deal. I also have to deal with harsh winters and it’s parked outside 365…

I can’t really say one way or another if “self heals” but I’m happy with it.