What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@zombiekiller

Which mount did you use for the SP9100 switch panel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
swarfworks on the interior. SDHQ underhood.

I'm pushing so much amperage that I have an 8x30A trailrocker ( with 6 of the upfitters +2 extra switches) AND the SP9100. They're all full.

I think I'm going to need to upgrade my alternator and battery next. ( I still need to wire in my air compressor and my lighted whip.)

IIRC, last I added it up I was putting out around 2.8M candlepower. I'd honestly still love to have a laser lightbar on the roof (I can get close to overdriving my XL Racers), but I'm not in love with spending like 7500 on a freaking lightbar.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a console vault... thanks again to @Nick@apollo-optics for great customer service.

i-JS8SncP-X4.jpg

Installed a cut down section of one of those foam ammo can pistol/ammo inserts to keep everything in place.

Only casualty was the top of the left-side plastic tab that holds down the console cover/arm rest. It broke when I pulled the vault back out to vacuum out the plastic shavings from drilling the mounting holes. Probably didn’t have to pull it back out in retrospect, but knowing those shavings were under the vault would have driven my OCD nuts. The tab still works, but I’ll order another one anyway as the broken top piece is rather unsightly.

Overall a pretty easy install, and good quality materials, but I was disappointed and even got a bit frustrated with the backing plate installation. What should have been a 1 hour or less install start-to-finish took me almost three hours to complete.

Tried to make the included 1 and 1/2” long bolts work, but even with my wife helping, we couldn’t get them to start. Two of the captured nuts/nut plates popped out as well, and we were only able to recover one of them from under the console. Finally just went out and bought some 2” bolts, and used a nylock nut/washer for one of the rear bolts to replace the lost captured nut.

So 5/5 stars for customer service from Apollo Optics, but I can only give the vault 4/5 for the materials... It fits perfectly, but if you buy one of these, be very, very careful taking it back out if you want to clean out the swarf properly. Do yourself a favor too, and pick up some 2” long 1/4x20 bolts before you get started.

You’ll thank me later!

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swarfworks on the interior. SDHQ underhood.

I'm pushing so much amperage that I have an 8x30A trailrocker ( with 6 of the upfitters +2 extra switches) AND the SP9100. They're all full.

I think I'm going to need to upgrade my alternator and battery next. ( I still need to wire in my air compressor and my lighted whip.)

IIRC, last I added it up I was putting out around 2.8M candlepower. I'd honestly still love to have a laser lightbar on the roof (I can get close to overdriving my XL Racers), but I'm not in love with spending like 7500 on a freaking lightbar.

Ordered my SDHQ under hood bracket last week, in process of ordering the Swarfworks overhead mount. Ran into a problem on the website when it couldn’t compute shipping to AK, but made contact and we are getting it sorted out.

I like the Laser LED bar it seems like it will reach way out there (I don’t have one). I also don’t like good glare on a long trip, after you get yours on I’d be interested to see a photo of how much glare there is. I’m a big fan of the Baja design lights, I never had them before this this truck. That being said when it comes to a distance light for mine I think I’m goin to put some VisionX CG2 6.7inch light cannons on the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. Swapped out the OEM rear differential cover for the Ford Performance differential cover. For gear oil I went with Red Line 75W85. I didn’t use the gasket that the cover came, instead it went with the LubeLocker gasket.

f270d2f91a4db57c365c83678166806f.jpg
f03bee572a83b06f4efa89d9c937cadd.jpg
649ddd5c8648971362c62f0b1239b30c.jpg
71b3e8bb4a946cd500993ca616420356.jpg
9e28f3dd312f98b4704b8e9faed42a04.jpg
4f88c0392d46f06d980ae21e20407c0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. Swapped out the OEM rear differential cover for the Ford Performance differential cover. For gear oil I went with Red Line 75W85. I didn’t use the gasket that the cover came, instead it went with the LubeLocker gasket.

f270d2f91a4db57c365c83678166806f.jpg
f03bee572a83b06f4efa89d9c937cadd.jpg
649ddd5c8648971362c62f0b1239b30c.jpg
71b3e8bb4a946cd500993ca616420356.jpg
9e28f3dd312f98b4704b8e9faed42a04.jpg
4f88c0392d46f06d980ae21e20407c0c.jpg

Where did you order the cover and gasket from? Increase the fluid capacity?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Much better than 98% of the POS aftermarket covers that look great with their large fins and capacity, yet have terrible performance even compared to stock....

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

do yourself a favor and pay half by simply ordering the spicer part that doesnt say "ford performance " on it. they are identical.

Also - buy a lube locker gasket.

if the cover increases fluid capacity at all, it's by less than 1/2 a quart. dont overfill it. more fluid doesnt always equal better.

there isnt a heat issue with the rear diff. this cover addresses the case flex issue though, to a degree.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ordered the cover from CJ Off-road. About a month or so ago they had a sale of 10-15% off (I can’t remember). You can get the gasket directly from Lube Locker, Amazon, Summit Racing etc.

The fluid capacity depends on whether you use the top fill port or bottom. I used the bottom port because even though I’m running the Deaver +3 (1″ over stock ride height), I still don’t consider this a “lifted application” like a 3 to 6” lift (high pinion angles). The lower fill port took about 3.5 quarts, so yes increased capacity. The fill capacity using the OEM cover is 2.7 quarts.

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if these will help with the mud/crap thrown up on the doors, but it was a cheap investment easily removed if it fails to help....do not want to put flaps on the truck.......steps are dirty but a pretty good match for color and texture

closeup.jpg newtopview.JPG