What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a Roush CAI, great quality and esthetics is as good if not better than OEM. Given I’m not very mechanically inclined, took me a lot longer than an hour the instructions manual suggests it should take. Tack on an extra 15 minutes to fish my 3/8” ratchet wrench that fall into the intake hose...over all very pleased with this CAI.

I was sure to call my local Ford Dealership Service Manager, same guy I worked with when they installed my Roush SC on my Gen1, to ask if this will cause any warrantee issues, he said no, especially with Roush and B/C I purchased from a Roush authorized Ford Dealership . The Ford Roush Authorized dealership i purchased this from, swears it adds HP and TQ, hopes he is correct.

0F0AA490-9E2E-48B1-8A46-298F74E47E57.jpeg

FA412F3F-E7B5-47B3-A0AB-7BD18E696192.jpeg

BD90384F-2BEA-48B6-8D9B-FA672F347F1F.jpeg

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my ProClip dash mount for the Cobb AccessPort. Was torn between this and Cobb's a-pillar mount, but liked the GoPro option for the ProClip.

132262407_10109895746372015_4760105544868768883_o.jpg

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja S8 mounted behind the grill. Need to tap into the existing marker lights for the S8 markers still, but the main light is all wired up to Aux 1.

All I have to say is wow! That thing is bright.

c3eaf72a04b5b58d8d3fd09f7e7b0625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would suggest that if you tap the marker use it as a signal to a solid state relay only. Apparently there is a chance to throw codes on the BCM and brick it after a while if you are pulling power directly.

nermol

Reaction score
Thanks, I just learned the amber markers are powered through the BCM. I am going to end up running off of an AUX switch now. Between fordtechone’s warnings and taking to my son who is a Ford certified mechanic it sounds like putting any additional load on the BCM is not a good idea.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I just learned the amber markers are powered through the BCM. I am going to end up running off of an AUX switch now. Between fordtechone’s warnings and taking to my son who is a Ford certified mechanic it sounds like putting any additional load on the BCM is not a good idea.

Another method I read was to wire into the fog pocket lights, if you have them, then you don’t have to waste a whole switch for just some backlighting.
The backlight would come on when you turn on your fogs and you could still run it all on the street.

nermol

Reaction score
I may end up doubling something up on my Aux switches as I am currently at 5 in use. I’ll either dedicate the S8 amber lights to a switch and move my S1 spots to share with the main S8 light. Or put the amber covers on the S1 spots and buddy that up with the S8 ambers.

Just need to determine if the amber cover on the S1 defuse it enough to not blind oncoming traffic......

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is this a common issue? I have a S8 I'm going to be wiring up soon and was just going to tap into the market lights for the back lights on the S8. Now you have me re thinking it. I also have rigid radiance cubes that have been wired like that for a while but haven't had a problem.