What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Line-X come apart like that...or what was used that disintegrated?

I bought some Rust-oleum Truck Bed Coating to do my 2019 this weekend...just want to make sure that's not the stuff that fell apart.

no line-x and yep that was rust-oleum (just 2 coates) that basically got pounded off. Was about 30 miles worth of going 50-90mph on dirt road. Highly recommend applying multiple coates.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today was a day of firsts

jacked up a truck for the first time

I planned to wash the spring leafs and lubricate them with teflon (PFT) spray lubricant - hopefully that will remove the creaking

also wanted to clean the wheel wells and outer rim

went well

used these concrete slabs to distribute/spread the weight on the ground
well, not like I had choice because it was either these duo slabs or raising stand to last notch - which I didn't prefer

I thought it was be better to raise the heavier front first, then raise the back
lifted front left - then front right
then lifted rear from axle
I could have used the rear differential but if I can avoid it - why not
especially because the bottom of the rear differential isn't flat or rounded
theres this protruding edge and 2 parallel edges

I fu*$*! hate the factory bolts

I managed to strip one
the socket went in but as I was pushing the bar-breaker down - the socket came out a little and stripped it
stock is 21 mm, mine poofed up to 22mm
managed to use hammer in 23mm socket and get it loose

I have some gorilla studs in viaggio to me

then used Sonax wheel cleaner and Chemical guys wheel clean de-iron thing
meh - they changed color but I didn't see a huge different
even after using my drill with a brush attachment

I then took off the wheels
washed the leaf suspension - will lubricate it when its dry tomorow
I could only get into some areas between the leaf springs with a rag
other places meant I'd have to remove the U bolt
maybe tomorrow?

Anyone know what torque it needs? u bolt

20200327_164344.jpg

20200327_164351.jpg

20200327_165613.jpg

20200327_170606.jpg

20200327_170612.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Added a pair of Lp6’s and a rigid flasher pretty happy with the lighting!!!

View attachment 140185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome, man. Glad we could help get you setup!

Very nice but wondering why you opted for the rug that only covers the bottom and not the sides?

That's actually one of our more popular options. With just the mat, it basically gives you a big trunk with the bed cover closed. But when you need to haul something large or messy (ie. ATV, trophy deer, etc.), you could pull out the mat (2 4' long Velcro strips) and then you've got your sprayed bed below.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's actually one of our more popular options. With just the mat, it basically gives you a big trunk with the bed cover closed. But when you need to haul something large or messy (ie. ATV, trophy deer, etc.), you could pull out the mat (2 4' long Velcro strips) and then you've got your sprayed bed below.

So best of both worlds type of deal. Was liking the full Bedrug as it would hide the drain tubes for the Retrax cover. Is there a way to hide/tack the tubes to the side so that they would not be hanging out and subject to damage?

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used these concrete slabs to distribute/spread the weight on the ground...

Typically would not recommend moulded concrete as shoring. It is not structural and susceptible to shattering under a pinpoint load, such as that it might experience at the hard metal edge of a jack stand. A fresh 2x6 or 2x10 would actually be better in your
application.

I could have used the rear differential but if I can avoid it - why not
especially because the bottom of the rear differential isn't flat or rounded
theres this protruding edge and 2 parallel edges...

It is 100% okay to lift from the differential housing, and even better in many respects to lifting from the axle tube or spring plate.

I fu*$*! hate the factory bolts

I managed to strip one
the socket went in but as I was pushing the bar-breaker down - the socket came out a little and stripped it

What bolt did you strip?

other places meant I'd have to remove the U bolt
maybe tomorrow?

Anyone know what torque it needs? u bolt

I would NOT recommend removing the u-bolts. If you feel you must, consult a factory repair manual (NOT a Haynes or Childress single volume book you get at local parts shop) to see if it requires u-bolt replacement. Many, or perhaps most, will require replacement as these bolts stretch and are not suitable for reuse in a lot of applications. I don't have torque specs handy, but they are usually well north of 100 ft-lbs., often north of 150 ft-lbs. You'll also want to ensure your torque wrench is up to the task as average torque wrenches may not necessarily go that high. I should also point out the the upper 10% of a torque wrench's range (as well as the lower 10%) is typically understood to be non-usable UNLESS the torque wrench's manual explicitly states this.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks brother loved the shipping, super fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk