What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorpaul

Reaction score
How are they on the street vs BFGs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My BFGs had very little tread and were very loud. The new Falkens are a little quieter at this point. They balanced well with no issues. So far so good. Only on dry pavement so far.

They work great in sand. Hand them in some deep sand wash this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLT catch can installed too. Was so simple I thought I must be missing something [emoji2371] Be interesting to keep an eye on how much it collects. Truck has 800 miles up till this point, so I’m not too worried about build up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just checked mine, about 1,300 miles, less than half an ounce in there. Have to admit I was hoping to see more, cannot explain where a quart per 3k is going.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

amg55driver

Reaction score
Just checked mine, about 1,300 miles, less than half an ounce in there. Have to admit I was hoping to see more, cannot explain where a quart per 3k is going.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

is this absolutely needed? I mean I understand the concept of it, and it does catches good amount, but will that just blow right into the exhaust and be gone?

I am not 100% sold on the catch can yet... convince me please..

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not "absolutely needed", it just keeps oil out of the intake, and therefore reduces buildup in the valves and combustion chambers.

The odd part (to me) is how dramatic the differences are in some vehicles. Some guys fill them up fast, and with my truck consuming oil I expected to be one of them. But I'm one of them that gets very little accumulation. I'm still under 8K miles, so maybe it will increase with time.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats strange. i check my oil level every now and then, never a single line less than last times.

DItto, and over a couple thousand miles only an ounce or so of gunk in my catch can. Still, prefer to keep all of it out of the intake.