What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have beadlocks? My gen2 got around 14mpg. But that one had the normal raptor wheel. Not beadlocks. I often wonder if its my OEM beadlocks causing such low MPG.

EDIT: I see you have a 37PP. Wow. nice MPG.
what octane do you use? are you primarily in stop/go traffic? my avg mpg over several thousand miles is at 15.3 now, had been up to 15.6 when doing a bunch of back to back road trips. have been using 93 always

MikeyP87

Reaction score
I was looking at those but I have never purchased aftermarket wheels before and while I loved the price I was also concerned. So that’s great to hear as I love the look, so I guess my role model strikes again!!!
While they aren't on my Raptor, I have RTR Tech 5 wheels on my Explorer ST. Great wheel, great price, high quality, and dropped over 10lbs per corner even going 1.5" wider.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what octane do you use? are you primarily in stop/go traffic? my avg mpg over several thousand miles is at 15.3 now, had been up to 15.6 when doing a bunch of back to back road trips. have been using 93 always
Im in SoCal so we only have 91 at a cost of 196.00 to fill up my Raptor. I live in a massive suburbia in orange county. Lots of rolling hills and stop signs. I have 10 stop lights on my 7 mile commute to my office. I dont baby mine. But It hardly revs out too. And my wife mostly is the one driving it.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in SoCal so we only have 91 at a cost of 196.00 to fill up my Raptor. I live in a massive suburbia in orange county. Lots of rolling hills and stop signs. I have 10 stop lights on my 7 mile commute to my office. I dont baby mine. But It hardly revs out too. And my wife mostly is the one driving it.
the stop go kills it. another thing you may want to check out is your alignment

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stop go kills it. another thing you may want to check out is your alignment
I suspect its the stop and go. I just had mine leveled with RPG collars and aligned. It drives straight, looks normal. But I did not see a print out of the alignment. I need to take the truck for a longer drive down the highway. Im sure it will dart right up. Hopefully....lol.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have beadlocks? My gen2 got around 14mpg. But that one had the normal raptor wheel. Not beadlocks. I often wonder if its my OEM beadlocks causing such low MPG.

EDIT: I see you have a 37PP. Wow. nice MPG.
peasant gen dos with the needylocks and i get 17-18mpg mix of town and hwy, usually go 10 over everywhere.
Love em ..like the style, their concavity, the finish, fitment , the light weight and of course the price. I've had 4 sets of aftermarket wheels and these are keepers.
View attachment 427170
I love my coopers, nearly 20k on mine and still whisper quiet and wearing great, and ive been running them at 32f-30r.
I had the RTR techs on my ranger, solid wheel minus one that had some balance issue