What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Did the Raptor shrink? According to the Tech Spec sheet, the overall height for a 35 truck is 79.8”. Then again, I never really took the time to go actually measure it. Lmao
Ha! You’re 100% correct!!!
:)
I had asked my teenager to go measure the height and the photo is obviously off as well, from the angle it was taken. There’s about a 2.5 inch gutter between the ladder legs and that’s where the handle was placed and measured from. The top of the tent is about an inch taller than the black plastic caps on the back of the roof.

I just measured myself and it’s a true 80.5 inches from the top height of the tent to the ground on a level surface.

Thanks for catching this!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally after upgrading from an 18 to the 21' 18 mths ago. I have the time to leave it at the dealer for 2 weeks. Having them (hopefully) fix the clunking shocks, exhaust actuator spring, rear window defroster wire rattle issue, windshield wiper motor recall and hopefully the fan noise from the on board generator. At least now its been a long enough time and the service manager said he was aware of all the issues. I hope they can complete it all in the time they have.

all very minor issues but non the less not acceptable. especially if the warranty expires and I try to sell it. guess at that time it would be a trade in let the dealer who buys it fix it for the new owner.

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally after upgrading from an 18 to the 21' 18 mths ago. I have the time to leave it at the dealer for 2 weeks. Having them (hopefully) fix the clunking shocks, exhaust actuator spring, rear window defroster wire rattle issue, windshield wiper motor recall and hopefully the fan noise from the on board generator. At least now its been a long enough time and the service manager said he was aware of all the issues. I hope they can complete it all in the time they have.
I just got all that done last week. Rides better after the new shocks and fixed all the rattles and recalls. I got it back and the dealer scratched my front left fender. So now I have to wait for a new part and take it back…

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got all that done last week. Rides better after the new shocks and fixed all the rattles and recalls. I got it back and the dealer scratched my front left fender. So now I have to wait for a new part and take it back…
omg. that sucks. the fender itself or the fender flare? hopefully the flare

Shinysideup

Reaction score
Installed the BakFlip Revolver X4S and RokBlokz this afternoon.

The X4S was very simple, just a little tweaking of the passenger side rail at the tailgate. The tailgate kept rubbing the rail gasket to the point of pulling off so I just trimmed it (gasket) back.
As for the RokBlokz… well I really want to love these, they look great and the little gift in the packaging was cute but they need to work on the mounting. I’m quite certain I’ll lose these in the winter driving out to the cabin.

Just a quick side note, if you plan on doing these mud flaps and husky liners, drill the hole and install the clips for the flaps before installing the liners. I wish someone told me this earlier. Grrrr

Attachments

• IMG_9405.jpeg
    IMG_9405.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9406.jpeg
    IMG_9406.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 86