What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s non-binary, sometimes it’s blue, sometimes it’s black.

Haha, it’s AMB and that pic was kinda cloudy so looked black.

View attachment 404011
I think AMB might actually be my favorite color based on pictures. I'm yet to see one in person and hope I don't because I might be tempted to do something stupid with my Iconic Silver :rofl:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think AMB might actually be my favorite color based on pictures. I'm yet to see one in person and hope I don't because I might be tempted to do something stupid with my Iconic Silver :rofl:

Is your IS Gen 2 or 3? AMB is a pretty cool color, but you need to go into it knowing it’ll look black at least half of the time. I think the Gen 3 looks great in black so I was fine with that, to me AMB is the best of both worlds. I’m also a sucker for metallic and pearl paints and AMB has lots of both. I have it ceramic coated now and there’s a lot of depth to it.

To me it looks almost like a galaxy haha.

D6AF5D6B-717D-4D8B-B81A-292FD1135964.jpeg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Collective list of current “mods”
-5% tint
- removed fog light “flaps”
- installed beadlocks (before and after pics)

Next: Line X
Possibly tinting front windshield 70%View attachment 403336View attachment 403339
I do it in every truck I buy and highly recommend it. Tint the windshield and the sunroof, if you have one, in full ceramic and it makes a huge impact on heat rejection.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your IS Gen 2 or 3? AMB is a pretty cool color, but you need to go into it knowing it’ll look black at least half of the time. I think the Gen 3 looks great in black so I was fine with that, to me AMB is the best of both worlds. I’m also a sucker for metallic and pearl paints and AMB has lots of both. I have it ceramic coated now and there’s a lot of depth to it.

To me it looks almost like a galaxy haha.

View attachment 404068
My IS is Gen3. AMG looks great didn't realize it was that metallic. I'm assuming it's just as hard to keep clean as black typically is?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My IS is Gen3. AMG looks great didn't realize it was that metallic. I'm assuming it's just as hard to keep clean as black typically is?

I’d say it’s one notch easier than black, but I wouldn’t call it easy. My last truck was magnetic and in terms of looking dirty and staying clean I think AMB is right between magnetic and black. I didn’t find magnetic to be too bad but it definitely wasn’t silver or white.

The metallic definitely hides some of it a little bit in the same way a really metallic black is easier than just a basic black. If you look close there’s almost specks of green/turquoise or something in it.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Antimatter! & Very slick how you painted the upper skid section to match the bumper, really looks way better that way Did you do that yourself? I want
Btw lights look awesome ,next time she says they look like antlers just say "oh deer"