What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
put on a cover with my boy yesterday, got the Bak 4XS - easy and quick install.
dropped large marge off today for PPF and tint.

Silly question - my "second" foglights have covers on them - is that always on and something I can remove? i never noticed still i saw the poster above

Attachments

• 8CE1FC95-06E6-4945-951D-38B5BE6D4885.jpeg
    8CE1FC95-06E6-4945-951D-38B5BE6D4885.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 55

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
put on a cover with my boy yesterday, got the Bak 4XS - easy and quick install.
dropped large marge off today for PPF and tint.

Silly question - my "second" foglights have covers on them - is that always on and something I can remove? i never noticed still i saw the poster above
Yes, the cover snaps off, I guess Ford has to cover one of the lights. They pop right off with a set keys or screwdriver. I threw mine inside my glove box. They also sell amber covers that fit over the OEM lights.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Yes, the cover snaps off, I guess Ford has to cover one of the lights. They pop right off with a set keys or screwdriver. I threw mine inside my glove box. They also sell amber covers that fit over the OEM lights.
I'll have to look into it. is that to match the lights on top of the grille?

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
looks great - and im a big fan of amber over cars. Just ordered :)
So with the OEM cover one the light - it's essentially on but blocked ? kinda funny :p

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
So with the OEM cover one the light - it's essentially on but blocked ? kinda funny :p
It is but I think it is a DOT rule or there is a reason why they have to. Don't forget the way the Gen 3 light pods work is that one comes on with headlights and the other is wired to Aux switch #1.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what I heard and not sure how true it is, but its something to do with restriction on how many lights they are regulated to allow to turn on at one time. I think its 4. thats why fog lights go off when brights go on. which explains why those are covered and advertised as off-road lights and do not come on the same time as fog lights. even though they are the same exact lights.