What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seem pretty savvy about this, RotorOver. Do you mind sharing a pic of your install? This seems like a nice radio that I may get mayself. 73! WB7SXF.
Got the RT Systems programmer for my Yaesu FTM-400XDR dual band radio and programmed a local comms load. This software allows you to download a list of repeaters (any amatuer band) in a given area from Repeaterbook or in the case of RFinder, a given area or travel route for upload. Oh, and passed my amatuer radio Technicians exam, so now I can actually transmit, lol!

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@zemuron99 Sure! I'm actually a newb on HAM, but I learned a lot when I was researching radios, the install, licensing process, amateur radio ops etc., but I have 25 years of experience operating and programming radios from my past life in the military as a pilot. Here is a link to a thread I started on my Raptor radio installs for both the Yaesu and a Midland GMRS. I was hoping others would document theirs and post, so we could all learn something. I'm just scratching the surface so far with the Yaesu as it is a super capable radio. 73! KO4VCJ.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@zemuron99 Sure! I'm actually a newb on HAM, but I learned a lot when I was researching radios, the install, licensing process, amateur radio ops etc., but I have 25 years of experience operating and programming radios from my past life in the military as a pilot. Here is a link to a thread I started on my Raptor radio installs for both the Yaesu and a Midland GMRS. I was hoping others would document theirs and post, so we could all learn something. I'm just scratching the surface so far with the Yaesu as it is a super capable radio. 73! KO4VCJ.
Awesome, buddy! I'll check the thread out. Been looking at a few others as well, but always open to new ideas. I already have CB (yeah, yeah, I know...) and FRS/GMRS, just looking for a ham rig to finish the kit.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do this when my truck comes(whenever the hell that will be) did you do the dipping yourself or you took it somewhere? I love the stock rims too I just don’t like the color. Can you post a link to the dip you or your shop used? That black looks great!
I did it myself. Here is the link to the kit I used: https://www.dipyourcar.com/collecti...w-black-hyperdip-wheel-kit?variant=5630996356

I definitely recommend watching the instructional videos as HyperDip is a different formula than PlastiDip and will need to be applied differently.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a post break-in oil change at about 2,750 miles. The first one on this truck and first on an F-150 for me. The factory tightened oil filter was torqued down so much I bent the sh*t out of the filter trying to get it out. Seemed to be able to get a better purchase on it with a filter wrench from the top vice the access in the skid plate. No way this was going to come off by hand loosening it.

Also, had a heck of a time threading the new filter on. Being right handed approaching from the top or access panel from the driver side made it a left hand operation, which just wasn’t happening. Then I slid toward the centerline of the vehicle where I couldn’t see through the access panel cut-out and got my right arm/hand up in there. I was finally able to get the thread started and secure it. Hopefully these tips saves somebody some time.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some subtle accents to my somewhat plain but beautiful Oxford White 37. Got these from rappygraphics.com

Edit: the decals are Code Orange and reflective

Attachments

• A4A515DC-F750-432C-9DCF-0F3361033A29.jpeg
    A4A515DC-F750-432C-9DCF-0F3361033A29.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 0F865B91-F74D-4BD0-A9A7-1C0680D0D24E.jpeg
    0F865B91-F74D-4BD0-A9A7-1C0680D0D24E.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 313
  • A6AF619A-F38C-479F-B233-C7242325D256.jpeg
    A6AF619A-F38C-479F-B233-C7242325D256.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also got tired of looking at the stock, plain rubber pedals. You would think on a $65K+ truck, Ford could’ve sprung for some sporty pedals, but whatever…

Got these on Amazon. China is asshoe, I know, but these are actually pretty nice and went on easy enough. The brake pedal replaces the stock rubber one completely but the gas pedal is a slip over the OEM.

If anyone wants more info on these, I’ll post up the order info.

Oh, they fit perfect and are made specifically for the ‘21 F-150, but the brake pedal was just a tiny bit loose, so I put 2 strips of 1/8” foam tape under it and now it’s snug as a bug. Unlike the OEM rubber one, it doesn’t have any extra material to take up the space in the middle. It would’ve been fine anyway, but my OCD would have me thinking about it every time I got in the truck…

Attachments

• 964EA51E-04B3-4A4C-ACB0-98EA09EA330C.jpeg
    964EA51E-04B3-4A4C-ACB0-98EA09EA330C.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 293