What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got to get in there and tighten something! I even have bed supports and the cover still falls into the bed! I think I have something loose by the cab end of the cover. Thank god no damage yet!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

How did you secure it down, I also have bed stabilizers

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

This is not cool! I had 2 windows shatter on my 2010 with crystals help the first one was covered 50% by for and 6 months later when it shattered again they paid for it in full. But what the heck, bothers me to see your is a 2014, I thought this was I 2010-11 problem? Now I have to still worry about it with my new one!
WHY IS THERE NO RECALL!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you. This happened on my '13 but it's still ********. I feel the same way about worrying if I use the defroster on my '14 or even using it on the '13 again once it's fixed. I don't care as much about the rear defroster as I do about the mirror defroster but since it's the same button it looks like I won't be using either. I at least hope Ford steps up and covers it under warranty since they never addressed the problem and fixed it. The ****** thing is I didn't even turn the defroster on, I just didn't realize that it was set to auto in the remote start settings. Even worse than that is it was only 40 degrees so I can only imagine what's going to happen when it actually gets cold.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
The second time mine popped I didn't even use the defroster, we were on snoball and a truck was stuck so my truck was sitting the idling with the heat on for about an hour or 2, then we starting driving, 10 min farther down the trail we hit the high way. I got up to speed and the window shattered! Pissed me off!!!

Google f150 window shatter and endless pages from every forum out there talk about their windows shattering! There needs to be a recall, I don't get it! How many more cases does there need to be?

I wasn't a father yet when it happened, but I am now and I can tell you if be livid, if my 6 month old son was sitting there when it happened. Both times it sounded like a gunshot!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The second time mine popped I didn't even use the defroster, we were on snoball and a truck was stuck so my truck was sitting the idling with the heat on for about an hour or 2, then we starting driving, 10 min farther down the trail we hit the high way. I got up to speed and the window shattered! Pissed me off!!!

Google f150 window shatter and endless pages from every forum out there talk about their windows shattering! There needs to be a recall, I don't get it! How many more cases does there need to be?

I wasn't a father yet when it happened, but I am now and I can tell you if be livid, if my 6 month old son was sitting there when it happened. Both times it sounded like a gunshot!

It really does sound like gunshot, it scared the shit out of me when it happened. So you weren't even using the defroster and it shattered just from the temperature difference? Now that's ridiculous. I agree that there should definitely be a recall or at the very least Ford should cover it no questions asked when it happens since there have been soooo many cases of it happening. That's why I was so shocked when they called me today and denied it under warranty. It's complete ******** and I'm hoping now that Crystal got involved that the reconsider and cover it.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the center console lid cover.
aea6438557569d1b501f5ea07ec894db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
It really does sound like gunshot, it scared the shit out of me when it happened. So you weren't even using the defroster and it shattered just from the temperature difference? Now that's ridiculous. I agree that there should definitely be a recall or at the very least Ford should cover it no questions asked when it happens since there have been soooo many cases of it happening. That's why I was so shocked when they called me today and denied it under warranty. It's complete ******** and I'm hoping now that Crystal got involved that the reconsider and cover it.

@FordService Crystal will help she always does!! Such an asset to this forum!!

It still just bothers me this has happened to so many people.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Baja Designs XL80's to replace the KC HID's on my hood mounts. Lets see how well the spot beams do on the XL80's compared to the 35w HID's. If the beam is not tight enough for the hood then I will put move them down to the bumper and get some Vision X cannons for the hood.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordService Crystal will help she always does!! Such an asset to this forum!!

It still just bothers me this has happened to so many people.

I hope you're right and they do the right thing but to be honest I'm not very confident. They obviously don't give a shit if it's been happening since 2010 on all their higher end trucks and haven't put some money into R&D to come up with a solution.