What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS. Hey man that is a B.A. turndown setup! my only suggestion is to spray those walker tips in VHT or other exhaust paint to protect em. Sell and get enough back at Advance to know they rot away for no reason.

D

Deleted member 12951

@RDFTS. Hey man that is a B.A. turndown setup! my only suggestion is to spray those walker tips in VHT or other exhaust paint to protect em. Sell and get enough back at Advance to know they rot away for no reason.

Thanks. I really wasn't wanting turndowns. I had to do it due to the ICON bumpstop. They are supposed to be stainless steel though. Will have to look at it closer tomorrow.

I was planning to only run these when off-roading. Will have to remove the cross braces on the bumpstop to put the tailpipe back on for daily driving.

I had these on for my 400 mile drive back home to see if I would hear any drone with this setup. I did not.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I really wasn't wanting turndowns. I had to do it due to the ICON bumpstop. They are supposed to be stainless steel though. Will have to look at it closer tomorrow.

I was planning to only run these when off-roading. Will have to remove the cross braces on the bumpstop to put the tailpipe back on for daily driving.

I had these on for my 400 mile drive back home to see if I would hear any drone with this setup. I did not.

Those are not stainless they are galvanized 5.99 jobbies from the local parts store.

D

Deleted member 12951

Those are not stainless they are galvanized 5.99 jobbies from the local parts store.

I thought there was an issue with mixing metals on exhaust? And if so, what issue arises?

Yeah, looked it up "heavy gauge steel with zinc plating". Found at O'Reillys for $7.49 each. What a rip considering looking at the charge of $100 that was passed onto me and most likely marked up.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought there was an issue with mixing metals on exhaust? And if so, what issue arises?

Yeah, looked it up "heavy gauge steel with zinc plating". Found at O'Reillys for $7.49 each. What a rip considering looking at the charge of $100 that was passed onto me and most likely marked up.

If it makes you feel better the guy that welded it all up probably had a hell of a headache afterwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

D

Deleted member 12951

If it makes you feel better the guy that welded it all up probably had a hell of a headache afterwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

Yeah that doesn't help. Seems like I would be better off ditching what they did and get a couple 12" turndowns from Flowmaster, Gibson or MBRP that use T304 stainless steel and have a stainless steel rod welded to the inside of a j-hook hanger so it's under the tips not above it.

Last I checked it was difficult finding a muffler shop in my area that works with this type of stainless steel.

D

Deleted member 12951

Underneath tighten up some loose nuts and bolts, surprised some seems just hand tighten.

7129da971c1278726071b59a2d52fca3.jpg

Geez and I thought it was just a few, this one so loose, took nut off with fingers.

5d43676be3c6f5bcd04aba237b34c5b0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Underneath tighten up some loose nuts and bolts, surprised some seems just hand tighten.

7129da971c1278726071b59a2d52fca3.jpg

Geez and I thought it was just a few, this one so loose, took nut off with fingers.

5d43676be3c6f5bcd04aba237b34c5b0.jpg

Not wanting to start any shit, but MadCow's brother had some of the same issue from that shop. Hell, his skid plates almost fell off at TRR!!! Better check them all. Maybe they just missed a few on your's too.......