What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took it back to the dealership to find out why I'm hearing brake squeal when I'm driving but not stopping. Found out the Passenger Front Caliper Mount is bent in, so it's causing the pad to constantly drag when driving, I hit the brakes, it straightens the caliper out, no squeal.

They Can't get it in until Wednesday, so wondering if I should deal with potentially warping the rotor with all the heat being generated (they'll have to replace it if it does warp), or just park it for the weekend.

Drive the shit out of it and let them fix it!!! Never get that opportunity again......lol

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it just happen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've only had the truck for 3 days now, noticed the noise the day after I got it when my girlfriend took it out for a drive. Couldn't really hear the squeal inside the cab. Tried getting in yesterday for the inspection, but they were ridiculously busy all day, so I met them there when they opened :)

Drive the shit out of it and let them fix it!!! Never get that opportunity again......lol

That's what I'm thinking, it'll buy me a little more time to figure out what aftermarket brakes I wanna go with, if I do upgrade them, lol.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious how much dealer charged for pads and rotors (separately)?

I was needing new pads all around and spent about $1K (all totaled) for R1 rotors all around (drilled & slotted) and performance pads, installed.

Here's the damage:

Front
Brake pads $51
2 Rotors $233.26
Labor $84
Total $368.26

Rear
Brake pads $51
Machine rotors and labor $154
Total $205.00

Grand Total: $573.26

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Magnaflow exhaust, after I painted the tips flat black last week, and dropped of the TMX skid plate to be sandblasted and Line-X coated. (got them from @Backinblack). Also installed the SDHQ hood light mounts (got them from @CP RAPTOR). Also installed 4 BullRing Shorty Low Profile tie downs (the router bit for cutting out the plastic is a very good idea, makes it very simple to cut cleanly). Although I measured at least 3 times I think before I drilled!!

Do you like the way the Magnaflow sounds? Post a pic when you get the skid on. What light are you putting on the hood mounts?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dont be surprised when this mount tears a hole in the top of your turn downs, i had a mount similar to that on mine and the welds tore out. I ended up making a mount that looped under both turndowns and supported them from J shaped supports from the underside and welded them at the bottom.