What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
76 / 55

$180

Sucks. Laser? or Ka band? My ****** Passport has paid for itself about 10 times over since I bought it a few months ago. Most highway patrol in the states where I travel (NC, SC, GA & FL) use Ka band almost exclusively, so the range is great and I get plenty of warning with the detector. I'd be screwed with laser though. Fortunately laser is very rare in the states where I travel (except for maybe FL).

Good luck getting it resolved. Get your speedometer calibrated and claim you had improper equipment. Pay a small fine, and the ticket gets thrown out. It's worked for me in the past.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems you're consistently the one on the forum getting stopped... Lol that sucks but won't the lawyer cost more than the ticket?

The lawyer's not the expensive part. It's the increase in insurance premiums for the next 3 years because you have points on your license. Lawyer's fees are well worth it in the end.

D

Deleted member 12951

It seems you're consistently the one on the forum getting stopped... Lol that sucks but won't the lawyer cost more than the ticket?

Lawyer does it for free for me. A client of mine, its a trade off.

Funny thing though, I asked the cop where he was hiding. He said, I wasn't hiding, I was just in a spot where you couldn't see me. Whatever....

Last edited by a moderator:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Correct me if I am wrong but I was told by an officer 10mph over and they cannot let it slide with a warning right?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing though, I asked the cop where he was hiding. He said, I wasn't hiding, I was just in a spot where you couldn't see me. Whatever....

Such a cop thing to say! haha. Out of curiosity, I googled the definition of hiding and very first definition was "to put or keep out of sight or away from notice"

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
******* cops hide. Period. Bunch of sneaky mofos.......
@Five-O Donut Hole
@knine

:ROFLJest::crazy::ROFLJest:

You trying to draw with me out of the woodwork Ruby? C'mon folks, you speed, you get caught, man up and take your lumps. We don't make the rules... And as far as 'hiding', man I can be right next to someone or they fly right by me in traffic and they have no clue I'm even in the lane next to them...they're too busy NOT paying attention to their surroundings. I find it amusing that drivers can be so unaware of what's going on around them!!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You trying to draw with me out of the woodwork Ruby? C'mon folks, you speed, you get caught, man up and take your lumps. We don't make the rules... And as far as 'hiding', man I can be right next to someone or they fly right by me in traffic and they have no clue I'm even in the lane next to them...they're too busy NOT paying attention to their surroundings. I find it amusing that drivers can be so unaware of what's going on around them!!

Rules are for Chevy and BMW owners!!! Us Raptor guys know what we're doing.

Hadn't seen you lurking around for a while, so I thought I'd wind you up and see what happened......