What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDPUTNAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a video and tag me in it when you do. I'm looking to do the same setup when I get home this summer. Also, are you planning on keeping the resonator? Thanks, Scott

Will do! You can do a search and I know there are a couple videos that pop up. I'm taking the resonator off. I want to make sure people hear me coming...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They all did SDHQ, I had Outlaws.

I love SDHQ...but I can not lie, The Outlaw gussets were much thicker than the SDHQs and from what I understand, less expensive too...

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I installed this quick release hitch pin on my Winch mount.

image.jpg1_zpsltidmshr.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Well I think this is going to be the last snow for the year for us as we just had that storm earlier this week and supposed to melt off this weekend. They made another pile so I could claim this spot one more time.

2613bd5a635a47749fa04fa247f2c47f.jpg

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They all did SDHQ, I had Outlaws.

Having done both kits I will say:

* The SDHQ one is easier to install, some of the angles created by the outlaw kit are tricky to get to
* The SDHQ kit required less finishing before installing
* The some of the SDHQ kits had quite a lot of surface rust on them when they arrived, a little more oil after cutting would have been great.
* The outlaw kit had some quite large gaps that needed bridging during the welding process
* The outlaw kit is twice as thick as the sdhq kit
* The outlaw kit is only a single piece so a theoretically a little easier to install however due to the tight nature of some the welds they end up taking just as long.
* The outlaw kit had cracks at the top of both gussets from being bent

So after all that the kit I personally prefer to install is the SDHQ one.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Having done both kits I will say:

* The SDHQ one is easier to install, some of the angles created by the outlaw kit are tricky to get to
* The SDHQ kit required less finishing before installing
* The some of the SDHQ kits had quite a lot of surface rust on them when they arrived, a little more oil after cutting would have been great.
* The outlaw kit had some quite large gaps that needed bridging during the welding process
* The outlaw kit is twice as thick as the sdhq kit
* The outlaw kit is only a single piece so a theoretically a little easier to install however due to the tight nature of some the welds they end up taking just as long.
* The outlaw kit had cracks at the top of both gussets from being bent

So after all that the kit I personally prefer to install is the SDHQ one.

So I'll buy another Outlaw kit for my take-offs for you :ROFLJest:

dhollist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed Jigks. I like the darker color too. Keep an eye on the garage sale section if you like the look the darker trim rings. Occasionally you can buy a set, but they don't come cheap.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425720828.099369.jpg

All the best,
Dave

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed the annual belgian technical inspection. They couldn't find the vin number on the frame and started bitching about the orange leds on the front. I told them it's required in the US because of the width. They believed me and approved it.