What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much noise reduction do you get percentage wise? More wind or road reduction? Seems like alot of work

I honestly can't remember what it used to sound like. But there are no more rattles and the truck feels more solid and what it should've felt like when you buy a truck this expensive.

I think you will notice the biggest difference with doing the floor and roof which are the hardest and which I haven't done.

I'd estimate that noise was reduced 50-60% after doing all four doors. Haven't driven it after doing the rear wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should get sound deadning. In. My truck you cant even hear the radio full up. LT no cats to straight pipe and cams she gargles haha
Wonder if dynamat would help

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Damnit, now I want sound deadening too. @t_j when do you want to tackle this? LOL

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
It's probably t-shirt weather and rolled down windows for you guys...

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This really is not a hard install to do, just a little time consuming. You will need an impact with 12" extension and wobble socket to pull the seat bolts out, then a couple of smaller sockets for some of the interior panels.

1) Remove all seats
2) Remove center console
3) Remove trim panels on door pillars
4) Pull the rear sound deadening
5) Roll the carpet to the front of the truck
6) Apply sound deadening to all surfaces making sure to cut holes for the things you have to bolt back down.
7) Reverse steps 5-1

Important note: Don't do this if its going to rain and you're working outside, I should really have checked the weather forecast before starting mine.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
The old expression of watching a monkey f*cking a football... that's me.

I installed my JLT oil separator, I was pretty proud of that. I have a decent mechanical sense, but no patience and end up breaking more things than I do right.