What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE the Nushield! Got one for the Kenwood 7" deck in the truck and one for the 8" navi in the wife's Flex.

Use a new microfiber cloth with some sort of solution safe for your screen. Chemical guys glass cleaner works great. If you get it super clean and start from one side working the air out as you go, it will install perfectly in about 30 seconds. I have zero bubbles on both installs. Really high quality protector and it noticeably cut down the glare. Really cut it down on the Kenwood that I could not read previously in bright sun with sunglasses on.

Great simple thingy ain't it? Love the glossy crystal clear surface and almost no glare. My Rabid Raptor background looks even better defined and colored. This DayVue shield does add to the "decor" inside, a pleasure to look at :smoke2:

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run mine through a couple of the local wash places. If you ask them, they can measure your truck and give you a thumbs up or down on size.

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did you a favor, and you should really take a peek at the manual

I understand that it is not recommended to use automated washes and if it damages the truck that's on me. I get that. I'm just disappointed that after asking at 2 different locations if the wash can handle the width of a raptor I got a 'sure no problem' and 'there have been a few go through with no problem'. I bought a recurring monthly subscription for the last 2 1/2 months. No problem until today. I guess the attrition on their equipment is not worth the $30/month they were getting from me. That's cool.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That makes sense. I don't even mess with those things. Seems like too much can go wrong. I never hand washed my cars until I got this one.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How could your truck break his equipment? My friend owns a carwash and he said as long as you rinse it off and get all the mud off it's fine for the carwash and equipment unless your too wide. So no not joking.

Sent from your girlfriends closet

Exactly....the truck is too wide for the wheel scrubbers!