What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongiema

Reaction score
Transmission Failed on highway...

Hey my names max and I've been a member for a while but never really post on here, not sure where to post this so i started a thread but please let me know for future referense but anyways…

Today I was driving my 2011 6.2 sc raptor with 61,000 miles down a local highway in NJ when the transmission began to "slip". As i got on the throttle the engine would rev up high and barely accelerate (which it did for about a half mile) so i tried shifting into manual in effort to get off the highway. In M i shifted from 5th to 4th and felt a hard clunk/ shift, still no engagement, then tried to shift back to 5th and it wouldn't engage. Luckily i had enough speed to get over from the left lane and roll into a local public storage facility parking lot. Once off the highway i tried turning the car on and off but it would still not engage. An hour later when the tow truck came it was still the same. After talking to road side assistance ford sent a local tow company who picked up the truck and dropped it at the dealership later on. Im waiting for a call from ford on monday. Anyone ever hear of anything like this on the 6.2 raptors? Everyone I've talked to today has given me the "its a typical ford" The car has 61k on it and power train was up at 60K ……..

heres some background on my truck
Bought in 2011 and I'm the original owner. Last year I did the driveshaft recall and ford put the new one in fixing the "clunk". diff lock in the car isn't currenty working also and the rear diffs need to be serviced (visibly leaking) but i think think that would be totally unrelated.

After taking to my mechanic friends briefly they said its most likely a toasted flywheel, torque converted, or i just strait blew the transmission. I'd like to here what you guys think! Thanks.
-Max

mods:
-5 star sct 93 octane tune
-Volant throttle body spacer
-volant CAI
-roush catback w resonator delete

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you go into a forum sub section like the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum you will see at the top where the threads listing starts a button that says New Thread. Click that and you can then enter the title for your thread and then the subject matter in the bigger text box

JamesGrossaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers ordered

Glassworks front fenders ordered

Front/rear Addictive desert design race bumpers ordered

Hotel for prim booked

Hotel for mint 400 booked

12 rigid dually for bumper purchased

Now I need the parts..

Boomer12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a quick jaunt out to Stoddard Valley, and got the wife to drive it in the dirt for the first time... Took her about 20 mins to get comfortable, and then she was cruising around @50 mph.

Popped one of the stock tires, and ripped the shoulder out of a second one.

Having no other spares, we headed home and gave it a bath.

JdcfOxn.jpg

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasti dip stock wheels

Got bored and wanted to see what my stock wheels would look like black. Think they turned out pretty good, guess I will have to do the rest now. Put 5 coats of dip and two coats of the plasti dip glossifier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 74