What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
My first oil change- embarrassing but true. Really learned a lot. Had to improvise with the oil filter box bc the oil filter drain was cut short for the front bumper.

mapyje6y.jpg

geruqava.jpg

a3emyqa2.jpg

And changed one of those tank tires -- took me about ten minutes struggling to mount it back up. Need to hit the gym :):)

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck still on the lift getting the exhaust done. They could not get to the bolts on the drivers side with out pulling the engine mount on that side so it will be done tomorrow. Had them do stage 8 locking header bolts on it so vibration should not cause any leaks.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first oil change- embarrassing but true. Really learned a lot. Had to improvise with the oil filter box bc the oil filter drain was cut short for the front bumper.

mapyje6y.jpg

geruqava.jpg

a3emyqa2.jpg

And changed one of those tank tires -- took me about ten minutes struggling to mount it back up. Need to hit the gym :):)

Damn that's dedication I don't even change my own oil I let the dealer handle that.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How easily accessible is the oil filter and drain? The new Camaros are unbelievably easy, very good engineering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
It was very easy. I wasn't careful and cut some flesh off my finger when my hand slipped onto the skid plates but otherwise very easy.

Im glad I did it. Now I know exactly what to do and how to make sure I have enough oil ...it was good.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a stock skid plate I recommend taking it off to change to oil. You just need to remove 6 bolts to drop the skidplate & then you don't have to worry about cleaning the oil off it. Now I have venom bumper & I haven't have to worry about oil dripping on it.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I just remove the access panel and don't see a drop of oil on the rest of the skid plate. Don't all Raptors have the little catch pan/trough under the filter??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

How easily accessible is the oil filter and drain? The new Camaros are unbelievably easy, very good engineering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

One of the easiest vehicles I've ever changed oil on. 4 bolts to remove the access panel. If you're tall enough you can reach in from the top and remove/install the filter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I just unscrewed the aluminum sheetwork and the skid plate, took it off, then the oil filter was accessible. The oil filter catch pan/chute is cut short on mine so the oil will spill on the bumper bars - I just took a piece of aluminum and cut/bent it to make a little supplemental chute that can be used when needed.