What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the rebuild on a second set stock shocks to replace my originals. I have done regular type coilover shocks and the stock Raptor ones are easy. They just have a few more steps and details to be aware of.
Being in Canada and shipping them to the states is stupid expensive and the dollar exchange is tough on the wallet.
Good luck with the venture.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Haha yeah South Carolinas DOT thinks 4’ deep is when it’s time to fix the pothole
I drove up SC 187 and swore it off until they finished repaving it because it was so bad and they were putting loose gravel down before the asphalt. I like my arse not hurting and my windshield not broken.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I drove up SC 187 and swore it off until they finished repaving it because it was so bad and they were putting loose gravel down before the asphalt. I like my arse not hurting and my windshield not broken.
Yeah thankfully we get free windshield replacements here because of it. Already used that once.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Yeah thankfully we get free windshield replacements here because of it. Already used that once.
Once, you’re an amateur. Five in one year and all but one were on I-526 around Charleston. I decided that I can use other routes if I’m in my personal vehicle.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I’d be interested! Gonna start slowly buying up used shocks to rebuild. Not too concerned about it being tougher than normal shocks, given I haven’t rebuilt those either. :Big Laugh:
I do the same thing here in Washington state. I'm surprised you found shipping for $27, i looked into it and after finding a box, packing materials and actual shipping cost it would be cheaper to send them to TSW or Hammer. I'm happy to share my experience with you as well. Rebuilding the shocks is fairly easy, however getting them apart can be a challenge as well as refinishing them. Some perches are a bear to get off if you want to really refinish them. Also, i've spent hours (cumulatively) heating up the bleed screws with a torch to get them out so i don't need to buy a new cap. Also, if the shaft bushing is damaged, you'll have a hell of a time getting that out. Those are just a few of the issues i've had and there are more. I enjoy the challenge and i get to meet a lot of cool raptor owners and i'm not doing it to make a living so the few sets i do is worth a little extra cash for me, just be aware it will be more work than the youtube videos show.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I do the same thing here in Washington state. I'm surprised you found shipping for $27, i looked into it and after finding a box, packing materials and actual shipping cost it would be cheaper to send them to TSW or Hammer. I'm happy to share my experience with you as well. Rebuilding the shocks is fairly easy, however getting them apart can be a challenge as well as refinishing them. Some perches are a bear to get off if you want to really refinish them. Also, i've spent hours (cumulatively) heating up the bleed screws with a torch to get them out so i don't need to buy a new cap. Also, if the shaft bushing is damaged, you'll have a hell of a time getting that out. Those are just a few of the issues i've had and there are more. I enjoy the challenge and i get to meet a lot of cool raptor owners and i'm not doing it to make a living so the few sets i do is worth a little extra cash for me, just be aware it will be more work than the youtube videos show.
Absolutely, that’s exactly what I’m going for. Not trying to live off this but if it could fund extra stuff for my raptor and I get to interact with cool guys along the way it’s a win in my book.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, that’s exactly what I’m going for. Not trying to live off this but if it could fund extra stuff for my raptor and I get to interact with cool guys along the way it’s a win in my book.
same here. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. I'm happy to help and share my experiences