What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Btw, any of you who tow a lot, would you get a single or tandem axle trailer. Gross weight will be the same and below the Raptors tow rating.
Tandem. Better weight distribution, easier backing, easier to hook up and unhook, and if you have leaf springs you can tie up one axle and carry on if you find yourself with a flat and no spare (not ideal but doable, ask me how I know.)

bwep

Reaction score
Btw, any of you who tow a lot, would you get a single or tandem axle trailer. Gross weight will be the same and below the Raptors tow rating.
IMG_20171015_153047177_Original.jpeg

This is my 18x7.5 with 5ft V nose, all aluminum. Trailer itself weighs about 2000 pounds. Generally, when I trailer with it, cargo weight is about 2,500 pounds. Tows great hardly know its back there.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t tow every day, but have towed quite a bit with my Raptor and other vehicles. My vote is for tandem axle trailers 100% of the time for the reasons @Gumby mentioned. Plus, if you happen to get a flat on a single axle and don’t have a spare, you’re screwed. If it happens on a tandem, you can at least remove the flat, chain/strap the axle if necessary, and get out of a bad spot.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tow every day. (Not the raptor) Dubble axel trailers are a lot less "bouncy" when I had a single axel my stuff would be all over sometimes. It still happens but a lot less often with the Dubble axel. Tools traveling in an inclosed Traler....... I do have to say it is tough on them. What Your trailer for?
I'm getting a new ski and keeping the old one, I had one on order earlier this year (almost typed last year, time flies huh?) but the dealer never received any more of that version for MY23. Anyways, one should be in next few weeks, and I am looking at a Triton WC2-2 so I can drive both around. All aluminum tandem torsion axles. I also may be picking up a small aluminum utility trailer for some other small toys too.

Tandem. Better weight distribution, easier backing, easier to hook up and unhook, and if you have leaf springs you can tie up one axle and carry on if you find yourself with a flat and no spare (not ideal but doable, ask me how I know.)
I would be going with tandem, and you're not the first people to mention you can jerry rig it and make it at least off the highway safely.

View attachment 437742

This is my 18x7.5 with 5ft V nose, all aluminum. Trailer itself weighs about 2000 pounds. Generally, when I trailer with it, cargo weight is about 2,500 pounds. Tows great hardly know its back there.

The trailer I'm looking at is 550 pounds w/o accessories and probably a loaded wet weight of like 2300. I could totally get away with a single, but I'm going to be doing at least one trip to Michigan and I feel lucky that my current single axle didn't have any issues going cross country twice.

If I was only going from my house to the boat ramp I wouldn't even think about it and get a single axle, its the long trips I'm worried about.

I don’t tow every day, but have towed quite a bit with my Raptor and other vehicles. My vote is for tandem axle trailers 100% of the time for the reasons @Gumby mentioned. Plus, if you happen to get a flat on a single axle and don’t have a spare, you’re screwed. If it happens on a tandem, you can at least remove the flat, chain/strap the axle if necessary, and get out of a bad spot.
Yeah, with a tandem you can limp home if you get a flat. If you get a flat with a single axle its game over.