What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to replace the coils with new ones. I’m sure I have read about changing the valves but I hadn’t given that a thought.

Thank you for this suggestion. I’ll bring it up to my mechanic.

Good, this is what I need to know, a place to get the rest of what I might need.

**If there’s anything else I need to know, please keep the information coming. I have some time to get everything together.
That's kinda pricey for LCA's. IIRC I paid $730+shipping&tax (for the pair) from RockAuto in 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201-121958_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201-121958_Samsung Internet.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the coils with new ones. I’m sure I have read about changing the valves but I hadn’t given that a thought.

Thank you for this suggestion. I’ll bring it up to my mechanic.

Good, this is what I need to know, a place to get the rest of what I might need.

**If there’s anything else I need to know, please keep the information coming. I have some time to get everything together.
If you're hiring it done (and want stock springs, they are surprisingly cheap) I'd just buy the spring from Tasca or the link @Irregular F150 posted, the shop will likely have a wall-mounted spring compressor and if not there's probably a local tire place that does (well maybe). Aside from LCA's I would suggest new shock hats (the rubber in there will eventually dry or rot out). New lower shock bolts/nuts and upper nuts if you're so inclined (Ford says chuck virtually every bolt and nut you break loose but I never do lol). Good time to at least check lower balljoints, tie rod ends, etc. if not replace/upgrade...

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Eames chair.
Its actually a knock off and its really nice. I love that damn chair but no way Im spending $5K+ on one
That jack is pretty sweet, but I really dig the miniature living room furniture.
haha feeling my blurry background. Im 6'2" and fit nicely in it but the jack is massive

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
If you're hiring it done (and want stock springs, they are surprisingly cheap) I'd just buy the spring from Tasca or the link @Irregular F150 posted, the shop will likely have a wall-mounted spring compressor and if not there's probably a local tire place that does (well maybe). Aside from LCA's I would suggest new shock hats (the rubber in there will eventually dry or rot out). New lower shock bolts/nuts and upper nuts if you're so inclined (Ford says chuck virtually every bolt and nut you break loose but I never do lol). Good time to at least check lower balljoints, tie rod ends, etc. if not replace/upgrade...
Yep I’m hiring the work done. A lot of what you mentioned was done on my truck about 4 years ago so I don’t think it will be necessary for it all to be done again. I just know the ride comfort level has gone to shit. And I’m tired of the squat on acceleration and braking. I’ve put about 55,000 miles on it since all the suspension work was done and basically everything was replaced.