What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read about doing this but i saw where anyone with an iphone can detect them. Have you heard of this happening or have tried it ? Thats what has kept me from committing lol
itll alert anyone that is in it for some time that a "device is tracking your movement".

I had a friend use one on his backpack and it alerted me after 15 min in the car with me that my location was being tracked. But will not let me take control of the device.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to update this. They sent my truck to local Ford dealership. Its been there just about two weeks. Was supposed to be done last friday, that was canceled because the tech has called out sick. Then it was scheduled to be done yesterday. Which i was called and told that wasnt happening, they ordered the wrong gas tank. Im not sure how a dealer with the VIN can order the wrong tank but whatever. Getting frustrated and questioning if they even ordered anything to begin with. New delivery date is this friday. Lets see what excuse they use this time.
Today’s BS update. Dealer hasn’t touched the truck. Now saying hopefully Tuesday.

I told them if it’s not done Tuesday it’s being removed from your shop. This is ridiculous.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah on Wednesday I heard a small rattle and was like imma have to check that. Finally got under today and there you go.

I'm ngl I thought it might just be the dreaded icon leaf clunk.
Assuming you used new u-bolts, they probably just had a little stretch left in them. One thing you can do when installing new ones is to torque them to spec, then loosen them back up and retorque to spec. Otherwise, you just have to retorque them after driving around a couple days. Sometimes both.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming you used new u-bolts, they probably just had a little stretch left in them. One thing you can do when installing new ones is to torque them to spec, then loosen them back up and retorque to spec. Otherwise, you just have to retorque them after driving around a couple days. Sometimes both.
So that is basically 1 of my two theories on what happened. The other being when my rear differential was redone recently they may have taken the axle off completely (the only thing not new is the axle housing itself) and only torqued it to the Ford spec which is like 50 ft lbs less than the Icon spec.

Honestly this is why I checked before I drove it again.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that is basically 1 of my two theories on what happened. The other being when my rear differential was redone recently they may have taken the axle off completely (the only thing not new is the axle housing itself) and only torqued it to the Ford spec which is like 50 ft lbs less than the Icon spec.

Honestly this is why I checked before I drove it again.
I have also seen it where the u-bolts are not perfectly lined up when they are tightened and basically slip sideways under load. \o/ vs. |o|

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have also seen it where the u-bolts are not perfectly lined up when they are tightened and basically slip sideways under load. \o/ vs. |o|

That could absolutely be the case too.

I ended up torqueing all u-bolt nuts last night. The passenger side wasn't nearly as bad, 3 of them had like half a turn to torque them. But that drivers side being that loose spooked me.

I also torqued the shock bolts, just in case, all but one was within a half turn of spec.

Im glad I saw it now because I'm going on a road trip soon.