What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my random AC issue tonight.
I replaced the compressor with a new unit about 1 year ago. Has worked great since. About 3 weeks ago system stopped cooling, just warm air from vents. The next day it worked fine. This happened a few times over a couple of weeks. Checked codes and such, found nothing. it always worked when I checked it.
I decided to check the clutch shim pack and tightened it up a bit to see if it would help. Worked for a couple of days but cut out 2 days ago.
I went to check it and it wasn't working...... great, now maybe I can find something.
Engine running, AC on engine fan kicks in as it should but the compressor clutch does nothing. Pulled the skid plate and wiggled the connector and the clutch kicks in. wiggled again and I can get the clutch to kick in and out.
Turns out the new compressor connector pins are a little thin and don't engage well with the vehicle harness. Cleaned the pins and added tension to the female pins and all seems well now.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a whirring noise from the back end rear its ugly head. Reached out to the local dealership, but they don't have appointments until mid September and that doesn't work for me at all. I talked with a local transmission and gear shop and they said they could look at it on Friday. Thinking its the pinion bearing, hoping its not something more!

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hate to think how much that would cost if you were paying dealership repair rates.
I can imagine it would have been outrageous.
I've been a certified technician for 40 yrs and intermittent issues are always a pain.
I got lucky on this one... it acted up when I was able to test