What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe i missed it but what is your plan for your truck? Are you building it up or just refreshing everything? Looks like a lot of fun and if i had the space/money id love to do the same to my truck.
I was just going to replace all the engine accessories at once. Radiator, AC condenser & compressor, radiator hoses, thermostat, water pump, idler pulley & tensioner, power steering pump & hoses, trans cooler, etc. And then it snowballed into replacing all the shocks, brakes & brake lines, and pulling the trans due to an oil test that showed lots of metal. I got the trans & converter back and like an idiot I dropped it off my tailgate, denting the oil pan and cracking off a chunk of the aluminum case. Its now fixed with a replacement pan ready to swap in after it's all bolted back up. Meanwhile, I got a deal on some takeoff BFG's & Method wheels. It has the Ravelco anti-theft chip, some generic cube lights, & an A-pillar gauge with the Banks I-gauge. Currently I'm getting ready to hang the transmission (see photo), as soon as I convince the neighbor to help out. I'm trying to bungie the 2 socket extensions to the top of the case so the top screws will thread in. Whomever engineer designed the trans to be stuffed against the floor soundproofing so tight that you cannot even see the top screws should be fired.

Attachments

• 20230424_084811.jpg
    20230424_084811.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 22

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in the day, working on a ranger with a 4-speed manual, I got frustrated reaching the top bolts....... and hacked through the floor instead. This time, my neighbor talked me out of cutting through the Raptor floor by thinking around the problem. We will see if this method works.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know where to post this and I don't want to post a whole new thread about it, but one of my junior sailors reached out to me trying to help one of her junior sailors who was involved in a motorcycle crash, he's doing well and will make a full recovery, however he lost his beloved jacket. If anyone knows where I could get a brown or tan Indian motorcycles leather jacket I would greatly appreciate it.

Heres the link to the gofundme, I don't expect anything, but if you have a buck to throw his way that would be awesome. I'm really proud of her for doing this, she's really developing into a great leader.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
@Gumby

So i did some more digging into the handle drip. I took the headliner down in that area, opened the roof and poured water in the tray… nothing. I poured water around the xm antenna… nothing. I poured water around the windshield… nothing. So i closed the roof and doors, and drenched the roof with water … not a single dip anywhere.

Im at a loss right now. Lol

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Irregular F150
I did almost the same thing. going to try it with the nose of the truck Down I think my Wife had parked the truck that way in the drive. (my drive slops toward the house) And try again. she has been backing in lately no drip.
I will let you know if I find something.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
@Irregular F150
I did almost the same thing. going to try it with the nose of the truck Down I think my Wife had parked the truck that way in the drive. (my drive slops toward the house) And try again. she has been backing in lately no drip.
I will let you know if I find something.

Lol. My driveway is the opposite and only drips when i start moving the truck.