What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New AC compressor & Rebuilt torque converter are back on. The trans jack was seizing up and wouldn't lift the 6r80 & converter. So I hung the converter first (new nuts at 30ft/lbs), and it turns out the cordless impact just needed the bigger battery to spin the height adjuster and lift everything. So a Happy Ending.
How did you verify the converter fully engaged into the front pump? If the converter isn’t fully seated you’ll tear up both the converter and pump.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take that over it being rotted out any day. BTW, what method are you using to address the rock chips? I recently starting applying a generous amount of paint around the chip, and dragging the paint over the chip with a credit card. Man, it works AWESOME. I can’t even tell where the chip was after a couple of coats. I have to mark the area with painters tape so that I can find the chip when I go back to apply the clear

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove up to @Gumby ‘s and replaced all four shocks with my original shocks I had rebuilt. Had them done in less than three hours and enjoyed the company! @Bozz did an excellent job supervising, LOL! Rides like new again. It was a great meet up (aka man date) but I now need a shower as I got pretty dirty there, Haha.

Attachments

• 275C9892-0391-44EA-9F47-62D043514A00.jpeg
    275C9892-0391-44EA-9F47-62D043514A00.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 18

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Drove up to @Gumby ‘s and replaced all four shocks with my original shocks I had rebuilt. Had them done in less than three hours and enjoyed the company! @Bozz did an excellent job supervising, LOL! Rides like new again. It was a great meet up (aka man date) but I now need a shower as I got pretty dirty there, Haha.
Enjoyed it! Total elapsed working time was probably closer to 90 minutes. Did my Fuse 27 after you left. Had the kit riding around in my Raptor for the past 30 months. Well..... @Gumby did it in about 15 minutes. Since he did @mwaite09 Fuse 27 a few days ago, it was still fresh in his mind box. Thanks, Dude!20230415_112159.jpg

Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a great day for sure..It was great to meet @WNCHSTR96 I finished the fog brackets for the A.D.D bumper. Now the truck doesn't have" Ditch fogs".LOL The rest of the day went well.......UNTIL.... This guy showed up. ...
I posted yesterday but my post must be approved by a moderator ??????

Last edited: