What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's today's dilemma: the trans is already off, I've dumped $10,000 on rebuilding it, replacing the suspension, plus new tires, wheels, brakes, etc. and I'm waiting for my new ac compressor to arrive before I can reassemble the accessories. This is a 2011 6.2L with 148xxx miles. ZERO leaks. Should I risk the extra step to replace the rear main seal or calculate that if it's not leaking now it won't later? I've never done it before, don't have the tool, and sure don't want to cause a leak by installing it wrong.
If you don’t replace the seal it will start to seep, if you do it may not sit right and seep. Either way you look at it it’s a gamble. You’ve done refreshed dang near everything so just do it!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked into the project..... and passed. It requires new hardware from Ford, a specialty tool, and a complicated sequence for tightening them. In the words of the Exxon Valdez captain: " if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Attachments

• 20230407_115434.jpg
    20230407_115434.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 16