What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Suck it out with a shop vac. I did my previous truck (not the same, a 5.4L) that had a similar void below the intake. I sucked a boat load of seeds and junk the chipmunks decided to store before winter. I had no idea that amount of crap was in there.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a roll of 1/8” ABS from Kartek and it has been one of the best purchases. Stuff is slick on both sides, give it a little heat and you can form it, and it is pretty cheap.
I think I saved an older photo of yours when you’d done less of it. I’m going to have to order some, I’ve already got a bunch of anodized camburg fender washers and heat gun laying around.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then this happened. A 5/16" socket & extension fell off the water pump hose bracket and disappeared into the void.. It's now below the plastic intake, behind the engine front. , and unreachable. Has anybody used a garden hose to drive out something? What about running a length of twine through there, and fishing it around to catch it? It's a short 1/4" drive socket and extension, maybe 3" long. I'm out of ideas.
Do you happen to have a boroscope? My buddy was talking about one the other day that works with an app on his phone. Could help you see what you are trying to fish.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was surprised how easy intake came off when I did the 5.4 in our old Expedition..
if worst comes to worst.
That Expedition had a TON of sound deadening material under it's intake.
Thin cardboard holding up a bunch of cellulous stuffing.
May get into that poking around and dragging.
BTW, I didn't replace it with the new intake, not much difference.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
What are you all doing for transmission maintenance?
I know many manufacturers say that the fluid is "lifetime" but I have always come from the school of thought that Id rather change it early and often (50k or so) than have it break down over time and cause me issues.

Surprised that I havent seen anyone mentioning doing it on this thread.

edit. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-u-do-to-your-raptor-today.25089/post-1827537
This guy gets it..... Awesome!

Last edited: