What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Honestly the only other person to wash my Raptor has been Ford a couple of times. I would never let the neighbor kid wash it! (Maybe under direct supervision) but alas kids these days are not interested in work that involves manual labor. I learned my lesson when I took my ‘92 (all black) F150 Nite to a fundraising car wash once (it was cheerleaders so don’t judge me) and those kids ruined my paint job. It looked like they used a Brillo pad to wash it. Since then I will just wash it myself. Also I don’t take the Raptor through car washes and I do (or did, lol) enjoy cleaning and detailing vehicles.
Since the day I bought my 2010 Raptor I've never let anyone else wash my truck or been to a car wash, and I have washed and waxed it more times than I can count.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WNCHSTR96 how much of a PITA is it to get thoes caps off. I have thought of doing that many times, have yet to commit
There was definitely a technique to it. You can get the inside ones easy but prying to access the outboard ones and I used a small metal rod to help push the tab in to pry off. I did break a couple of guide pins (don’t know how) but super glued them back in place. I feel like the bumper cap was easier than the bed and tailgate ones. I think I will wait another 10 years before I attempt it again, LOL.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly the only other person to wash my Raptor has been Ford a couple of times. I would never let the neighbor kid wash it! (Maybe under direct supervision) but alas kids these days are not interested in work that involves manual labor. I learned my lesson when I took my ‘92 (all black) F150 Nite to a fundraising car wash once (it was cheerleaders so don’t judge me) and those kids ruined my paint job. It looked like they used a Brillo pad to wash it. Since then I will just wash it myself. Also I don’t take the Raptor through car washes and I do (or did, lol) enjoy cleaning and detailing vehicles.
If it was a cheerleader led car wash then you are forgiven. ;)

Reaction score
@BigBlackRaptor how complicated was the swap to a new steering rack & Lee steering pump? Did the oem rack fail or just wear out? Is the new Lee pump louder than the oem unit? Thx.
I usually do all my own work but I snapped my wrist in half a few months ago and had to have surgery. I havent qutte recovered fully yet and so I did not actually do the swap myself. I brought it to a shop and had them do it.

Its definitely louder than OEM.

OEM rack felt like it was on its way out so I just did it now. I travel for work and decided it was better to have it done now that have it go out halfway across the country in the middle of nowhere.